Esteemed Contributor
Everyone has their own taste. I have a few floral sweaters because I love flowers and color; so does Isaac. If you go to his website, mostly everything is sold and he also sells many solid pieces at QVC. All designers expand to other products and makeup is a logical product because they deal with models and cameras all of the time. Isaac has been around a long time and has the imagination, time, money and contacts to branch out; he probably enjoys it. I can't imagine say Lori Goldstein developing anything beyond her unimaginative line, JMO
Respected Contributor

Is$$c Mi$rahi.

Honored Contributor
On 3/13/2015 stray770 said: Everyone has their own taste. I have a few floral sweaters because I love flowers and color; so does Isaac. If you go to his website, mostly everything is sold and he also sells many solid pieces at QVC. All designers expand to other products and makeup is a logical product because they deal with models and cameras all of the time. Isaac has been around a long time and has the imagination, time, money and contacts to branch out; he probably enjoys it. I can't imagine say Lori Goldstein developing anything beyond her unimaginative line, JMO

I don't dislike Isaac as a person, but his designs are not really his. All of his ideas are old. They are copies of what was in fashion for older women when I was a young girl. His styles and wall paper cabbage rose prints have seen their day for me. He seems to borrow his ideas from someone else. He is all about vintage style.

Lately, he just lends his name to a product, any product. He seems surprised by the clothing HE was supposed to design for QVC.

He's all about the money. He must have some talent or he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has. I hope he soon finds his inner self and gets working on something new....and he should give up drinking. I have seen him on QVC where he appeared to be drunk. One time Shawn had to steady him or he would have fallen over. Now, that has been some time ago, but he should get on top of his game before he loses it all.

I wish him well with good thoughts for a bright future.

Esteemed Contributor
I think many designers take older ideas and put their spin on them; he puts vivid color which is his interpretation. I have met him numerous times and his line for QVC is quite different from his couture line. Ralph Lauren rarely makes big changes to his line but remains very popular. IM does have a team as all designers do but he is the creative director; sketches and meets with them. He is active in NY and commutes back to PA so I think he knows his designs but may not know what is presented that particular day and what is manufactured for QVC is by demand. If customers want florals, that is what is manufactured for QVC. The basic cardigan design remains the same, just the design/color is changed. Judging by the number of gardening shows, I think customers just love flowers. I like some florals but mostly solids. His couture line has very little in the way of florals and quite lovely. He is conservative and does not come up with new or bizarre fashion.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the videoclip of the lip gloss collection...ok yeah like whatever! I don't believe for a second that "valley boy" Isaac designed or created those. He'll put his name on anything. I so laughed when I was stocking up on Kleenex hand towels on sale and the only boxes available had his black and white animal print on them. It's easy enough to get rid of his name on the boxes by tearing off the opening perforated top. I didn't buy the Kleenex because his name was on it, I bought it because they were on sale and that's the only pattern that happened to be in the store.

Respected Contributor

Carmie put it pretty succinctly: "All of his ideas are old. They are copies of what was in fashion for older women when I was a young girl. His styles and wall paper cabbage rose prints have seen their day for me. He seems to borrow his ideas from someone else. He is all about vintage style."

And I find that it is monotonous vintage style. All those prints, with clashing color combinations that might look OK on TV, but are sometimes really ugly in person (I know, I bought three of his cardigans and sold all three of them on eBay), and he just keeps doing the same thing over and over again:

1. Ankle or crop pant.

2. Cardigan in some sort of floral or animal print, every now and then a check.

3. Dress with big flowers or stripes, and flared skirt.

4. Driving moccasins with flowers.

5. Driving moccasins with buckle.

6. Driving moccasins with snake trim.

7. Driving moccasins with suede detail.

8. Driving moccasins with little tassel.

Isaac put his enormous talent to bed a long time ago.

Respected Contributor
On 3/11/2015 Alsee said:
On 2/4/2015 happygal said:

Do we really need another make-up line? QVC and retail outlets are clogged with make up.

Ditto. Just what we need - more make up from so called experts

I guess S.K. will be his host for the new line. Wonder if she will swear by this one as she does all of the others she says she ""uses""

Don't worry, be Happy!