Super Contributor

Re: Is anyone as done with ""color blocking"" as I am?

Never have like color blocking. If I don't like a fad I don't participate in it.

Contributor

It can be so classy when done correctly. I saw a beautiful picture of Kate Middleton in a gorgeous color blocked dress recently~ Not a maternity dress, but something she wore sometime last year. Trends come and go~ Timeless design is forever.

Respected Contributor

On 12/28/2014 punxsy said:

Just the mention of the color blocking style immediately makes me think of that huge color block 3 color fleece coat of Susan Graver's. Will it EVER sell out or be done? Every time I watch her show it seems that said coat is being presented once again. I am so weary of the same things being shown constantly. Some color blocking is okay, but on that coat, a no no!

LOL, I agree about that awful coat! How many years has QVC had that old rag? Haven't they ever heard of clearance and getting rid of stuff for new styles? Some of those color combinations in that coat to me are horrible. It's about time that so called designer comes up with a new design.

I've never liked color blocking. In fact, I find it quite unattractive. Those Oryany bags to me are just as bad as that Susan Graver coat.

Respected Contributor

Like a lot of things, color blocking looks better on tall people than shorter people IMO. I'm not a fan of bold colors or high contrast outfits, on me. Others can wear them successfully though.
Respected Contributor

On 12/28/2014 peachesncream said: Like a lot of things, color blocking looks better on tall people than shorter people IMO. I'm not a fan of bold colors or high contrast outfits, on me. Others can wear them successfully though.

LOL,well, I'm tall - 6ft, and I don't wear color blocking. I don't think it looks nice at all.

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the manufacturer had lots of scraps of whatever leftover and they just make something to use them up. Ugly, ugly, ugly.
Honored Contributor

I don't own any color blocked clothing. I really don't think about it either. No one talks about it either. Maybe the hosts on QVC do but I'd know I was watching too many presentations if it bothered me.

I've never hear the suggestion that all colors look good together.

Super Contributor

On 12/28/2014 punxsy said:

Just the mention of the color blocking style immediately makes me think of that huge color block 3 color fleece coat of Susan Graver's. Will it EVER sell out or be done? Every time I watch her show it seems that said coat is being presented once again. I am so weary of the same things being shown constantly. Some color blocking is okay, but on that coat, a no no!

LOL, I agree about that awful coat! How many years has QVC had that old rag? Haven't they ever heard of clearance and getting rid of stuff for new styles? Some of those color combinations in that coat to me are horrible. It's about time that so called designer comes up with a new design.

I've never liked color blocking. In fact, I find it quite unattractive. Those Oryany bags to me are just as bad as that Susan Graver coat.

I have that coat, in black, grey and red. It is cute in person, and a good light-weight coat. I got it when I was into color blocking, and also wanted something that wasn't heavy or bulky with a hood. I do get though, where posters are coming from here with the fact that they think the coat is cheap looking. I have really good coats that look great but are just too heavy.

Valued Contributor

I don't care for color blocking either. I have a picture of myself wearing a cardigan that I bought from QVC when I was pregnant with my 1st child in 1992!!! It was all bright colors-I guess it was okay for back then, but NO WAY now,

Honored Contributor

I am in the minority. I have always liked color blocking

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man