Respected Contributor

I love to watch her. The jewelry is too much for me, but I love her purses. I didn't buy any clothes, but there were some nice pieces. 

I woukd love to hear some of her tales. She's lead an interesting life. 

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

The macrame jacket looks nice but it's not practical it's just fun to wear once in awhile.

It's a poly/spandex and those knots will stretch out.  I had a side business years ago making macrame purses, hanging planters, skirts (yes, make quite a few), hats and just plain wall hangings.  The purse straps stretched out, the cords with the hanging planters also stretched out, it's just the nature of macrame, the weight pulls everything down. 

@Just Bling: Actually, your comments were very helpful to me. This morning I cancelled the macrame jacket; easy to do because it was on advanced order. Love the look, but I now remember macrame; in a soft suede, it will stretch. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

FYI ladies! They just arrived and are better in person!

I honestly thought I might give one away but I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apfel owls.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Iris Apfel fans?

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @Reba055 @lulu2 @gacat123 & Iris-lovers:

I adore her necklaces, wear them in all sorts of combinations. Longed for a jacket/coat/topper.

So, feeling her last show was amazing and these things may disappear, I ordered, and just received these UTTERLY FABULOUS items:

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-lightweight-quilted-owl-coat-d-20170210143055493~525356_alt5 copy.jpg

Love the owl on the back! Pockets! Incredible crafting. Got it in the neutral color though, love the way it's styled on her page, below:

DG25559_030117_ComplexGrid_FH_IrisApfel.jpg

Even loved the yellow knit duster underneath, so ordered that, as well!

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-owl-brocaded-duster-d-20161214145349423~511674_025.jpg

This velvet jacket (also with embedded owls all over and in the lining) was the ultimate! PLUS ON CLEARANCE! Got the aqua.

And one more necklace:

rara-avis-by-iris-apfel-faux-feather-resin-necklace-d-2017020714130515~529196.jpg

*happy dance*

{Today, purging out my closet for items I used to love but never wear. Things that do not bring me joy. Iris Apfel does bring me joy.}

Honored Contributor

@1Professor

Did you see Iris in the commercial for blinds? She's such a cutey!

Respected Contributor

@1Professor Good for you!!

@1Professor wrote:

f266f5913045eab9681f086eceb12fd2.jpg

Any other Iris Apfel fans?

This 95-year-old designer inspires me. Her fashion (love the coats) and jewelry (piles of colorful necklaces) are my favorites! She'll be on HSN February 14-15. A treasure.

DG23067_101316_ComplexGrid_FH_IRISV2.jpg

irisapfel01.jpg

Love to hear about your collection or pieces, if you've fallen in love, as well.

Honored Contributor

Nice update @1Professor! Love that owl topper. 

When is she back for her next shows?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl: Wish I knew!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor - I think she said she had a summer collection so it will prob be soon. I will post info once I find out

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@1Professor - I think she said she had a summer collection so it will prob be soon. I will post info once I find out

@Chi-town girl: Thanks SO much! I hate to miss her shows. Plus adore her witticisms. Wish she lived across the street . . .