Respected Contributor

Re: I don’t like rayon, lyocel/Tencel or Modal

I try and avoid clothes that are 100% cotton. Most of it isn't breathable on hot days, and it shrinks. It's definitely not a friend to this busty plus size woman. I like rayon, and other blend fabrics. Like one poster said, cotton is great for towels and sheets but clothes not so much.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a t-shirt made out of hemp. Looks like a regular cotton-knit tee but it's a lot softer and it doesn't stretch out of shape like cotton does. The store I bought it from sells nothing but hemp clothing and their sales rep said hemp clothing is far more durable than most cotton garments, holds up wash after wash and will last far beyond cotton clothing. I plan on looking for more of hemp clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of modal or tencel. They are indeed, IMO, lifeless limp fabrics. I purchased a few tops and after washing, they were a wrinkled, pilled mess and I tossed the clothing away. They were not even worth donating. Now some designers may find better quaility fabrics in modal or tencel ... I just personally have not had much luck w/ those fabrics.

Not a fan anymore of 100% cotton tees. I've become quite annoyed with how much they shrink up, in terms of length. I tried throwing in dryer for just a few minutes to get wrinkles out and then hang to finish drying. Nope ... that didnt work. And these tees were supposed to be "finest pima cotton". Nope. I had better luck w/ the cheap Old Navy tees I bought about 5 years ago. They were not 100% cotton ... but they retained their shape. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wore a number of rayon tops when I was younger and firm. They never looked sloppy. They washed well. They flattered my body. They looked good on me. Now, however, not so much.  Maybe because I'm too lumpy, bumpy and flabby?

I found that they were a little hot (didn't breathe) in the summer, though. 

Also, back then, I didn't need any spandex to be comfortable. Now, I prefer 1 or 2% stretch in most things.

I do like rayon and linen blends very much. 

ETA

The examples shown in this thread just aren't very tailored or attractive clothes no matter what the fabric. 

Honored Contributor

Cotton for me ,nothing feels as good  as cotton.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

My body type looks horrible in anything other than cotton or cotton/blend.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown