Honored Contributor

Re: I don't like pants banded at the bottom!

I don't like the line either, really don't like the styling.  I'm 5'8" but have never liked banded bottoms at all.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I've never owned joggers and don't think I've ever worn pants with a banded bottom, but I read lots of reviews on this pant and an awful lot of people love them.  I'd give them a try. My feeling is, it has to fit right and if it does and it's comfortable, why not?

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of banded bottom either.  Just not my style / look.

I have a few of Lisa's tops/sweaters  ... I really like them.  LOVE her TSV tunic from a few months ago.  '

Honored Contributor

Do they come with a toy? I used to buy my toddler son's PJ's that came with a plastic dinosaur. They were cute on 3 year old children but for an adult woman? I will pass on pants banded at the bottom. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I really,really like the banded bottoms.

I like them too.  I think they are cute.  To each his own

Deb

Ps. I bought all 5 colors for work and will wear with strappy heel sandals and a cute top.  I guess I will be Dreaming of Jeanie and dancing to "Can't Touch This" and hanging with 40 thieves.  No feelings hurt, I am super comfortable in my skin Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't like them either. I would never, in a million yrs wear them. I'm 5', plus size. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I really,really like the banded bottoms.

I like them too.  I think they are cute.  To each his own

Deb

Ps. I bought all 5 colors for work and will wear with strappy heel sandals and a cute top.  I guess I will be Dreaming of Jeanie and dancing to "Can't Touch This".  No feelings hurt, I am super comfortable in my skin Smiley Happy

I'm not offended either @SFGIANTSGIRL Woman Wink

And LOL, there is a significant style difference between joggers and harem pants. The TSV joggers are not harem pant style. 

No doubt in my mind those references to the characters from the old days and their performance costumes was intended to insult Lisa Rinna customers. And to cause disruption on the forums. The bashers were reaching, imo, but who cares? They probably wore themselves out Woman LOL and it's clear to me a generation gap, so let's cut them some slack

The moderators did get a workout as did CS processing those 85,000  105,000 orders for the TSV plus thousands of more orders for the other pants, tops, dresses etc. Ca-ching indeed! Moderators on duty today should get a bonus! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I've never owned joggers and don't think I've ever worn pants with a banded bottom, but I read lots of reviews on this pant and an awful lot of people love them.  I'd give them a try. My feeling is, it has to fit right and if it does and it's comfortable, why not?

I say go for it!  I ordered a black pair and am looking forward to receiving them.

For reference, I am 5’1” and a size XS.  I am 57.  Although this is my first pair from Lisa RInna, I do own two pairs of joggers from Ann Taylor.  I love them!  They are so comfortable and in my opinion they are on trend without being too “out there.”  I like to wear them with a wedge or block heel and usually add a jacket.  In today’s world of casual dress, I think joggers can definitely be styled to look polished and even a bit dressy.

I have always loved fashion and, for me, it’s important to update my wardrobe to keep it current.  Of course, 90% of what I own is classic, but I like to have fun with the other 10%.  

I am comfortable in my skin and confident in my clothing choices so I don’t really care if someone thinks they look inappropriate, silly, etc.  I would suggest that people who immediately dismiss this trend might want to at least give them a try.  But at the end of the day we all should wear what we want.  It’s just clothes after all!

Trusted Contributor

Love them, they can be dressed up with heels and look very chic or dressed down with casual shoes. I find them great for travel.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I love them. They look great with heels, flip flops, and sandals. Like anything else, you have to get the fit right or they won't look good.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu