Honored Contributor

Re: Have a hat question for you. I'm doing some crochet hats, do you like pom poms or no?

I don't know what it is about my head but if I don't have a pom pom, I look like I'm wearing a football.    But I prefer a pom pom made with fun fur or other type of fur.   In fact I just downloaded a pattern for a hat finished with a fur pom pom.   For me, I don't like those little round pom poms.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Have a hat question for you. I'm doing some crochet hats, do you like pom poms or no?

@sunshine45 I saw a lady wearing a crochet headband type, last week, that was really cute. I believe it buttoned on the back, she had added some cute vintage pins. I would love to have a couple to add my own touches.I'm not usually interested in crochet item, but it caught my eye.

Honored Contributor

No pom poms for me.  I prefer a loose fitting hat so that my hair doesn't get mashed down flat. Pom Poms do not look good on that style.31AA46C0-A998-43B2-9BAA-AD076FAB6662.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I like pom poms but I hate to make them.  I enjoy making loose, colorful, and textured hats. I use assorted weights and textures of yarn, and assorted hook sizes with a basic pattern that is in my head.  They go very quickly. I give to relatives and charities.

Thanks for a very good question.

Honored Contributor

I like pom poms on hats for babies and little kids, but I think they look out of place on older folks. I think the hip, young people like those loose beanie caps or the watch caps.

Honored Contributor

I have to try some of the headbands and slouchy hats.  I'm taking all comments into consideration and I'll see what the hats say to me, and knowing I'll be donating to all ages, that consideration too.  I'm doing a shawl now, to be donated, and have another on the table out in the other room.  

Just got all my patterns put into folders and I have enough for can do now, can do eventually, and love the pattern, but it's beyond me for now. LOL.   Anyway, going to keep working to learn and keep on 'trucking.  This is such a good/great hobby for cold weather. Love yarn and all the colors.  I'm "hooked".  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I like both! Depends on the outfit I wear I guess.

But then again, I just wear a hat because I want to and not because I need one.

But anyhow - 

Pom poms are a fun look -

whenever I do wear a knit hat, I actually probably tend to wear pom pom’s  more because my outfits are usually on the casual side of things and I just want to add

a cute hat. 

Everyone in my family has both kinds - the men and the women. 

-Texas Hill Country-