Respected Contributor

Re: Gary is a delight on the Denim and Co show!!

I like Gary. I think he is a good addition to D&Co. Programming. He explains things well and is always polite and low key.
Valued Contributor

When Gary first appeared on the scene I admit I wasn't too impressed but the more I see of him I admit I'm enjoying him more and more. He seems very nice and down to earth. I see absolutely nothing wrong with his appearance. He is designing casual clothes and not dressy or formal clothes! He is always neat and clean, not rumpled and disheveled! Wink

Respected Contributor

I have never purchased D&C but when I have seen the shows, and I do watch them, he seemed like a very nice gentleman and gave good presentations and seems to have fun doing his job.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

He was funny the other night with Shawn. One of the callers proceeded to tell Shawn how much she approved of her new choice of clothing and that her appearance has improved over the years. They got quite a chuckle out of this woman's call. Some people will hold back nothing!

Contributor

Sorry, but don't see the necessity having him on. To me he is annoying.
Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Hooty said:

I guess I am in the minority here, he adds nothing IMO, D & Co., has been on the Q for years, and IMO it sells itself, no need to see some man who is a "so called" designer stand there and talk to us like we know nothing about fashion, JMHO!

Totally agree! What a joke!

Honored Contributor

Ford you are feisty today?You hit it out of the park.
Occasional Contributor

I like Gary. I think he handles himself in a professional way on air without being stiff. He interacts well with Carolyn and the other hosts. I really can't understand the negativity in some of the posts. As for how he dresses on air, I never thought it was anything but professional. I like to think I'm a pretty good judge of character and I think this is a good man who has class.

Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 dex said: Ford you are feisty today?You hit it out of the park.

Ha ha, yes, I do get that way sometimes. Wink

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 SoftRaindrops said:
On 2/25/2015 Ford1224 said:

I can't watch D&Co anymore because of him. He may be a "nice guy," but he looks like he should be slicing salami at the deli.

Ford, you are a hoot!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Gary has a challenge in that he is overweight and doesn't know how to dress to look more presentable.. Instead of wearing a nice suit jacket and something relatively dark underneath, the other day he was wearing a grass green sweater vest layered over a shirt. Then he proceeded to put a jacket over all of it.{#emotions_dlg.scared} It was a horror show of mismatched colors and the poor guy just has no fashion sense. He may be "nice" but as far as designing clothing he just isn't scoring.....

Totally agree. I still don't believe he actually designs the clothes, despite his resume of nothing much.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

I like him. I don't know how much of a designer he is. I like basic D&Co jeans and essential tops, the rest of it I don't care for at all.