Valued Contributor

Re: Gary is a delight on the Denim and Co show!!

I like him. He's quiet and explains the piece on air in a calm way. I don't feel like he's selling anything. I think he adds so much to the show and would prefer him over the women who are always 'hard sell.' I like his style.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/28/2015 beach-mom said:
On 3/28/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 3/28/2015 beach-mom said:

I like seeing Gary! Look it up - he is QVC's HEAD designer. That means he supervises ALL of the lines. He must know what he's doing! Smile

Actually, he's on QVC's "design team", but he's the head designer for Denim & Co. He doesn't have anything to do with the other designers. In any case, I like him and I think he adds an element of fun to the shows.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I got this information from a list of QVC employees. I don't know how the "hierarchy" stacks up though! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER: Apparel and Print Design/Trend Development at QVC/On Air TV Personality

I just wanted to check further on what I said last night to make sure... This is what it says on his QVC Facebook page: I am the Senior Apparel Designer and on air guest for Denim & Company at QVC.

"SENIOR MANAGER: Apparel and Print Design/Trend Development

*Full design responsibility for the following brands: Denim & Co - (largest propriety brand at QVC).

But we're on the same page - we both like him, along with a lot of other people! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/28/2015 Reever said: he claims to travel to Europe to find trends. But my question is why doesn't he take the lead on trends. Why are Americans never the trailblazers when it comes to fashion?

I think they are but shopping channels use the Europe thing as a sales tool for some reason unknown to me.

Look at Lauren, Calvin Klein,

Honored Contributor

They're perfect together. Gives me a huge excuse not to watch.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 3/29/2015 kittymomNC said:

But we're on the same page - we both like him, along with a lot of other people! Smile

I didn't check on the FB page - that gives more detail! And you're right about this! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 kittymomNC said:

Gary is a great addition to the Denim & Co shows... it's got to be hard sometimes for just the host to be "entertaining" about the clothes. I like Denim & Co and have a number of pieces, but let's face it, a lot of it is so similar, how many ways can you describe it? The camaraderie between Gary and the hosts makes it much more enjoyable. Smile

So true! Most of their stuff is very similar, and rather dull (I've heard "frumpy and dumpy appropriately used as well) but Gary is a delight!