Super Contributor

Re: GILI Camo Jacket with Ties

I ordered the jacket this morning while it was being presented on AM style
It looked great on Jill I wore the camo pants last night with a black tshirt and black wedges .
I hope I like the jacket as much as the pants . Jill wore it with skinny jeans and a white tshirt (or tank )
She looks good in everything just like Lisa did
Hope everyone who ordered it loves it
Honored Contributor

@Gsmom wrote:
I ordered the jacket this morning while it was being presented on AM style
It looked great on Jill I wore the camo pants last night with a black tshirt and black wedges .
I hope I like the jacket as much as the pants . Jill wore it with skinny jeans and a white tshirt (or tank )
She looks good in everything just like Lisa did
Hope everyone who ordered it loves it

@Gsmom Thx for posting! I like your styling. Read reviews that the camo pants had sizing issues-glad they work for you. Nice detailing on both the camo jacket & pants. You've picked up some of my wish list items Heart

Now I'm trying to decide on some new items from the Nordy Anniversary presale. Some great pricing on my fav brands. Check out the Nordstrom thread for my initial picks Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@KJPA wrote:

I spoke too soon @Chi-town girl! I thought my waitlist from this morning would have been turned into an order by now and hadn't even checked on it. I just checked and I'm still waitlisted!!! I was sure some would have second thoughts and cancel theirs. If I get it I will come back to review. I probably won't wear until fall anyway so hopefully they will get more in

As far as sizing I have two summer jackets in size 8 and one in size 12, all from WHBM. Love all of them and they fit properly in the shoulders and length. None of them close in the front by design. I ordered this jacket in a 12 cause I got worried about it maybe running small. Hopefully it fits Smiley Wink

Oh no, I hope your waitlist is fulfilled. Agree--it would be more of a fall item for me too, so no hurry

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Hey Chi!! Glad to have found a friend on this tread. I actually ordered up and you can see video on the qvc app and Jill went up a size too so I am so glad I did. I went up a size in the leather jackets I bought before LR left and they worked iut great. I will totally review when it comes. I think it's going to be a winner! I also bought the Whitney shoe in black and apricot this morning. Free shipping!! After these two pair of shoes I have to ban myself from any more shoes. Have a great weekend too!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also immediately ordered this jacket and hope to love it, although the Q's easy no-questions-asked return policy allows me to experiment, particularly with fashion.

My fashion style is high-low. I am regularly "on stage" as a university professor. I often wear JCrew slim-fit jeans with a t-shirt and couture jacket, a pile of pearls, and heels. This jacket will fit with a high-low style: slim black slacks, heels, black tee (for example). Or a pencil skirt.

As some have mentioned, I don't mind the tie, but will probably wear it open.

The camo jacket shall arrive on my doorstep Monday! {Summer is my favorite time to experiment with fashion and handbags, decluttering my closet, then creating new looks, before classes start.}

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

I also immediately ordered this jacket and hope to love it, although the Q's easy no-questions-asked return policy allows me to experiment, particularly with fashion.

My fashion style is high-low. I am regularly "on stage" as a university professor. I often wear JCrew slim-fit jeans with a t-shirt and couture jacket, a pile of pearls, and heels. This jacket will fit with a high-low style: slim black slacks, heels, black tee (for example). Or a pencil skirt.

As some have mentioned, I don't mind the tie, but will probably wear it open.

The camo jacket shall arrive on my doorstep Monday! {Summer is my favorite time to experiment with fashion and handbags, decluttering my closet, then creating new looks, before classes start.}

@1Professor: I share your sense of style and shopping strategy! Missed the shows when the jacket was presented,  and it sold out before I could grab one. Look forward to reading reviews & maybe my size will be restocked so I can join in the fun! 

Respected Contributor

@chi-town girl:

I suspect GILI is now only ordering small numbers on new fashions, having little faith in Jill's ability to sell to many people (compared to Lisa R). When items quickly sell out, they aren't selling many. #s were not emphasized in the presentation (unlike those where hosts keep telling us how many have already been sold and how many were ordered).

The price was not high, for GILI, so I remain alert that the jacket won't be well-made—in which case it goes right back. On the other hand, it might be such fun!

Respected Contributor

I got the Camo jacket yesterday and I really like it.  I ordered up a size and so glad I did!  its a fitted jacket and there isn't much room in the sleeves at all.  But as long as you order accordingly I think you will really like it.  The cut of the jacket is really fresh and new!  I am excited for this item and almost wore it today!  its was 59 this morning in Chicago.  Happy July 1st!  Sheesh!

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I got the Camo jacket yesterday and I really like it.  I ordered up a size and so glad I did!  its a fitted jacket and there isn't much room in the sleeves at all.  But as long as you order accordingly I think you will really like it.  The cut of the jacket is really fresh and new!  I am excited for this item and almost wore it today!  its was 59 this morning in Chicago.  Happy July 1st!  Sheesh!

@Sunnycorle: thx so much for posting your review, esp about sizing. Glad you have a keeper. Agree with, @1Professor , it is a decent price point! Happy for you & those that bought it. Only waitlist is available in my size, and since it's 98% cotton, I'm ordering 1 size up. 

Will you be hitting up the Nordy sale? I posted some of my picks from the catalog on the the Nordstom thread in Fashion & a nice offering of handbags on my thread in Handbag forum.  My cc will get a workout this month with Lessman TS, Skinn TTV + Nordy sale. Cheers Woman Wink

Super Contributor

that tie is in such a ridiculous place for anyone with a chest that it ruins the whole look