Esteemed Contributor
I like almost everything about this jacket except the way you close it with a tie at the bust. Seems they are trying to juxtapose manly with girly. The tie just doesn't appeal to me. For those who sew, could I take this jacket to someone who does alterations and have them put in a zipper or metal buttons with buttonholes?
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: GILI Camo Jacket with Ties

@MaggieMack wrote:
I like almost everything about this jacket except the way you close it with a tie at the bust. Seems they are trying to juxtapose manly withgirly. The tie just doesn't appeal to me. For those who sew, could I take this jacket to someone who does alterations and have them put in a zipper or metal buttons with buttonholes?

G.I.L.I. Stretch Canvas Camo Printed Jacket with Tie Front

I think your best bet would be a hook closure, because you would have to order way up to have enough fabric to get a zipper in, and then the pocket placement would look weird.  For the cost of alterations, you'd be better off to find a new jacket.  

Honored Contributor

It would need extra fabric in order to put buttons or a zipper in, otherwise it would be too tight across the front.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I agree that it would be too costly to put in a zipper, and buttonholes wouldn't be an option, b/c the style doesn't allow for overlap. I also agree with Lola, who said hook-and-eye closure would be the best option, and it would be the most cost-effective as well.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I ordered this yesterday so I can come back and let you ladies know what its like in person.  I like closure myself.  Makes it girly and is forgiving.

Honored Contributor

Honestly nothing about that jacket works for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all of your helpful comments! I will pass on this one based on the education u all provided. I ordered a similar gili jacket a couple years ago with front tie and sent back because the tie just accented my bust. I'm tiny everywhere but there and don't need to emphasize that part of my body. Cute jacket for those that can wear the design.
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:
 I ordered a similargili jacket a couple years ago with front tie and sent back because the tie just accented my bust. I'm tiny everywhere but there and don't need to emphasize that part of my body. 

This (in a size 8) is available from 6pm.com.  It's from Sanctuary-

Sanctuary Digi Camo Motocross Jacket- $64.99
SKU: #8401115

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, Lolakimono! Def a cute jacket, just not available in my size. You rock! Your presence really adds value to these boards.
Valued Contributor

I swear all the gili camo line looks like they went to s military supply store, bought some uniforms, and embellished them! 😂

Seriously this looks just like what my bff wears so work, but this one has a bow and doesn't have her name and rank stripes on it!

How much was it?