Esteemed Contributor

Re: G Rancic today's special

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Like the new plaid items

That is  such a great plaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The TS is okay-- yet I have no love for the way it translates on HDTV.. It appears too plastic, which may be due to studio cameras and lighting.. (OR NOT).

Giuliana does make her jackets shorter, which is fine if you can pull it off... which I can. But, her last TS jacket left a bad taste in my mouth for these light weight jackets.  She used a light cotton blend with very plastic looking areas on the jacket with no structure. I purchased 3 & sent them right back.  Even at the TS price it should have been no more than $20 for quality.  The last time I looked it gets pretty good reviews though.   To each her own.

On the flip side, G has a sweet deal & sharp looking jacket on clearance right now called the Ultra Luxe Quilted Sleeve Moto for $39.95 I think. This is a steal for the quality. Primarily it's a more substantial faux leather moto done right. This one is impeccable & offered in a variety of luscious colors.. looks great opened or closed.

Dependant on color choice some are done with a smooth leather look and hand & others have this great texture. . I first purchased in White (smooth), paid $45, I think. I had to come back and order more colors.  To my delight the price was lowered again.  I got them in Cognac (textured), Deep Navy (smooth), Clay (smooth) and turquoise (textured). The turq is such a fun unexpected color in this type of jacket which I'd call true outerwear vs. the lighter weight jackets she usually sells. I plan to wear indoors too since it's that sweet spot weight.  Unfortunately the Clay jacket had a very obvious  but it had a very obvious kink on one side of the collar, so I sent that one back. The only color besides Clay I don't have now is Black.

When they arrived I had to pick my jaw off the floor. This is quite possibly the best purchase I've made in a long time.. However... we aren't comparing apples to apples with her TS which is being described as a very light weight stretch fashion piece versus true outerwear.

Well RATS! Those jackets WERE available yesterday (or maybe it was Monday) in almost all colors except white & most of the plus sizes.. I was under the impression there were plenty left since HSN tells you what's left when inventory is slim & after you pick size & color.. like "only 18 left". I was watching this particular jacket since I figured they'd knock the price down further & I could get a credit. That they did-- but does no good since it's now SOLD OUT. Sorry about droning on when it isn't even available. :-(

I picked up the plaid pencil skirt thinking I could pair it with a jean jacket for a more funky and casual vibe. I'm sure I have tailored jackets in my closet which will dress it up. Even a cute V-cut sweater with a crisp white shirt underneath might rock this plaid skirt. I'm excited to receive!

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

The TS is okay-- yet I have no love for the way it translates on HDTV.. It appears too plastic, which may be due to studio cameras and lighting.. (OR NOT).

Giuliana does make her jackets shorter, which is fine if you can pull it off... which I can. But, her last TS jacket left a bad taste in my mouth for these light weight jackets.  She used a light cotton blend with very plastic looking areas on the jacket with no structure. I purchased 3 & sent them right back.  Even at the TS price it should have been no more than $20 for quality.  The last time I looked it gets pretty good reviews though.   To each her own.

On the flip side, G has a sweet deal & sharp looking jacket on clearance right now called the Ultra Luxe Quilted Sleeve Moto for $39.95 I think. This is a steal for the quality. Primarily it's a more substantial faux leather moto done right. This one is impeccable & offered in a variety of luscious colors.. looks great opened or closed.

Dependant on color choice some are done with a smooth leather look and hand & others have this great texture. . I first purchased in White (smooth), paid $45, I think. I had to come back and order more colors.  To my delight the price was lowered again.  I got them in Cognac (textured), Deep Navy (smooth), Clay (smooth) and turquoise (textured). The turq is such a fun unexpected color in this type of jacket which I'd call true outerwear vs. the lighter weight jackets she usually sells. I plan to wear indoors too since it's that sweet spot weight.  Unfortunately the Clay jacket had a very obvious  but it had a very obvious kink on one side of the collar, so I sent that one back. The only color besides Clay I don't have now is Black.

When they arrived I had to pick my jaw off the floor. This is quite possibly the best purchase I've made in a long time.. However... we aren't comparing apples to apples with her TS which is being described as a very light weight stretch fashion piece versus true outerwear.

Well RATS! Those jackets WERE available yesterday (or maybe it was Monday) in almost all colors except white & most of the plus sizes.. I was under the impression there were plenty left since HSN tells you what's left when inventory is slim & after you pick size & color.. like "only 18 left". I was watching this particular jacket since I figured they'd knock the price down further & I could get a credit. That they did-- but does no good since it's now SOLD OUT. Sorry about droning on when it isn't even available. :-(

I picked up the plaid pencil skirt thinking I could pair it with a jean jacket for a more funky and casual vibe. I'm sure I have tailored jackets in my closet which will dress it up. Even a cute V-cut sweater with a crisp white shirt underneath might rock this plaid skirt. I'm excited to receive!

@Funloving-I've also picked up some good buys on clearance-would love to get the TS jacket in Deep Cherry as well as some of the tops. I think my next G buy will be her denim pants, waiting for the new Girlfriend style.

Please post a review of the new plaid skirt-love the length, will look great with booties & boots. I want it in the red color!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey@Chi-town girl!   Wow!  We're sure thinking alike. Isn't that Cherry just yummy?

I'll indeed post a review of the plaid pencil skirt.  I bought the Cherry on 3 payments last Monday.  When I clicked on my size there weren't many left, I'm thinking it was 22, so didn't wait until today.

I'm so darn weak...

I caved on 3 of the TS jackets after watching a few presentations.  Of course that's subject to change before the night ends. More often I wait for reviews then clearance. I chose OUR Yummy Cherry,  the Charcoal & so outside the box for me.. the Evergreen. I never wear green unless it's olive or a blue/green based turq.  For some odd reason it was calling my name.  Now I'm thinking I'll cancel the green and stay with my first 2 choices.

I can justify just about anything when it comes to fashion. lol   In this case since the TS is free ship, IF I need to return I'm only out 1 return fee. There's no sales tax.

I don't think I've seen anything on GR's Girlfriend jeans.  What makes them different?  

The skinnys are an easy pass.  I bought a few new pairs from Express when they had their 40% off sale plus an extra 15% off... then several pairs purchased last year and earlier this year.  I'm well stocked on bottoms (pants and jeans) of all kinds.  .

Oddly the pair of jeans I get compliments on every time I wear are distressed boyfriend jeans in a medium-light wash.  I pair w/ some fun wedges or chunky high heeled booties. They're not Giuliana's.  I found these on Amazon of all places.  SOHO GLAM is the brand  for $34.99 using my Prime w/ free ship.  

Who woulda thunk... ??

I'm so excited & READY for fall weather now.  

We had a  couple of days in the mid 70's.... a Mother Nature Tease.  Heart

Take care!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I had a long day & I am not sure I'll see any presentations of hers today! Goodness. I love the plaid! Especially the blazer. 

The problem I have with the shorter jackets is that the hem of any top I have will stick out with them. That is a deal-breaker for me. I'm not a multi-hemline showing kind of gal. And I am short-waisted so I don't want to tuck tops in. I have had a couple beautiful, shorter jackets (one was a G) and rarely wore them. I just wan't comfortable with hems sticking out. 

Respected Contributor

@willdob3

I'm long waisted and tuck in many of my tops, depending on the bottoms I'm wearing.

Personally I don't like the current high low top styles in the least.  Nor do I like shark bite hems.

Even though I'm 5' ft 6" with a long torso, these hit me just right.  I wear a lot of blouses loosely tucked in and more fitted tops.  I don't mind some top showing around the bottom, but I despise the look of nothing but a long tail in back.   The fact is, it IS a shorter jacket which just isn't flattering for all body-types.

Esteemed Contributor

How well did this TSV sell? Giuliana Rancic's clothing is also sold in Canada on TSC but she hasn't actually been there to sell them. I think her line is not being carried in Canada once all the clearance inventory is sold.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

How well did this TSV sell? Giuliana Rancic's clothing is also sold in Canada on TSC but she hasn't actually been there to sell them. I think her line is not being carried in Canada once all the clearance inventory is sold.

It looks like it sold well in the Black Cherry and Blush colors in the Missy Sizes. Black Cherry sold out in Plus. It doesn't seem that this sold as well as some of her previous TSs. I watched a couple of her presentations and thought she and the hosts did a good job presenting. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop