Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I was also surprised that there weren't more of their own brands offered in this sale. Nothing from Isaac, Halston, C. Wonder, GILI, Vionic, and I think only one item from Marc Fisher and one from Clarks.  

ITA

Were there Alegria? 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 Kind of seems like they're struggling to keep this charity going

Esteemed Contributor

I also thought it was odd that they released so much of the merchandise so far in advance of the event. Although, labeling that particular show an "event" is probably reaching. More than in previous years, it felt like the clearance rack at DSW.

Again, I wonder if they're getting out of the entire Shoes on Sale campaign? 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

@winamac1 Kind of seems like they're struggling to keep this charity going

ITA

The charity is great, but one would think the vendors could come up with some better options!

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

@handygal2

I know. Even with broken sizes, it's still a whole lot of merchandise that's gone unsold.

I wonder if they had the fancy, live, NY event this year? The entire event just seemed under-promoted compared to previous years. 

I believe I heard Nancy say that the event in NY will be after the online event this year.

Honored Contributor

It seems the best heights for our backs are being ignored.

The lower  items I have seen are brands I don't try on because the leathers as are the shoes lower quality.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched in years because they only offer B widths.  If you happen to be a wide or narrow, you aren't invited to the party.  But my friend says the majority of it is off season product that the manufacturers want to get rid of.  I meant to take a look at it to see if that is true but I forgot.

Honored Contributor

I love Vince Camuto, and they usually have one really cute pair of shoes or boots from VC.  I think they had a VC offering, but again...it was not at all attractive.

Esteemed Contributor

The FFANY Shoes 4 a Cure is being held at the Waldorf Astoria this coming Wednesday--October 25.  This is the first time the general public can shop the designer salon.  I am sure there are some wonderful shoes to be found at 50% off while at the same time raising $$$ to support this worthy cause.    

Ok, that being said, I find it insulting that the QVC customer is offered the inventory that I perused.  It is like offering crumbs to a customer base who has kept QVC in business.   I won't tune in and I won't purchase.  

Just to be clear -- that does not mean I don't support breast cancer research by making financial contributions.    

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

The FFANY Shoes 4 a Cure is being held at the Waldorf Astoria this coming Wednesday--October 25.  This is the first time the general public can shop the designer salon.  I am sure there are some wonderful shoes to be found at 50% off while at the same time raising $$$ to support this worthy cause.    

Ok, that being said, I find it insulting that the QVC customer is offered the inventory that I perused.  It is like offering crumbs to a customer base who has kept QVC in business.   I won't tune in and I won't purchase.  

Just to be clear -- that does not mean I don't support breast cancer research by making financial contributions.    

Hi Magic.  ITA with your comments.  

BTW Magic--I received that Sundance coat--it is gorgeous!!!!