Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

The FFANY Shoes 4 a Cure is being held at the Waldorf Astoria this coming Wednesday--October 25.  This is the first time the general public can shop the designer salon.  I am sure there are some wonderful shoes to be found at 50% off while at the same time raising $$$ to support this worthy cause.    

Ok, that being said, I find it insulting that the QVC customer is offered the inventory that I perused.  It is like offering crumbs to a customer base who has kept QVC in business.   I won't tune in and I won't purchase.  

Just to be clear -- that does not mean I don't support breast cancer research by making financial contributions.    

Hi Magic.  ITA with your comments.  

BTW Magic--I received that Sundance coat--it is gorgeous!!!!

@winamac1   I am so happy to hear you are pleased with your new Sundance coat.  I had no doubts.  It is beautiful and so unique.  Just don't be wishing for cold weather anytime too soon so you can wear it!  

Any shopping plans for the weekend?  I might stop in few of my favorite local boutiques and Anthropologie.  

Whatever you do, have FUN!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

The FFANY Shoes 4 a Cure is being held at the Waldorf Astoria this coming Wednesday--October 25.  This is the first time the general public can shop the designer salon.  I am sure there are some wonderful shoes to be found at 50% off while at the same time raising $$$ to support this worthy cause.    

Ok, that being said, I find it insulting that the QVC customer is offered the inventory that I perused.  It is like offering crumbs to a customer base who has kept QVC in business.   I won't tune in and I won't purchase.  

Just to be clear -- that does not mean I don't support breast cancer research by making financial contributions.    

Hi Magic.  ITA with your comments.  

BTW Magic--I received that Sundance coat--it is gorgeous!!!!

@winamac1   I am so happy to hear you are pleased with your new Sundance coat.  I had no doubts.  It is beautiful and so unique.  Just don't be wishing for cold weather anytime too soon so you can wear it!  

Any shopping plans for the weekend?  I might stop in few of my favorite local boutiques and Anthropologie.  

Whatever you do, have FUN!

Thanks Magic.  DH starts the new job Monday so it's his last weekend of freedom, LOL.  I may run by Anthro myself as it's 20% off day!!   I have an open house I have to go to late this afternoon for one of my customers who just moved into town from WA state.  He's having a open-house and birthday party.  We'll stop by for an hour or so! 

Have a great weekend and let me know if you find anything at Anthro.  I did get an item last week that I"ll find the name of for you.  It was on a sale day.  Smiley Happy 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Magic--it's the Todra cape!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1  

Love it!  If you bought the dark turquoise, such a rich color!  I cannot even imagine your coat closet--to be coveted for certain!

I did get the Anthro sale email, so it is a good day to visit!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1  

Love it!  If you bought the dark turquoise, such a rich color!  I cannot even imagine your coat closet--to be coveted for certain!

I did get the Anthro sale email, so it is a good day to visit!

LOL

i do have too many coats, but this is more like a jacket. lol

Thanks!

I didn't go back in to Anthro!!!  I am trying to be "good", LOL.

Trusted Contributor

It was definitely the poorest selection I ever recall from an FFANY event.  You could tell during the live show that sales were sluggish and they even had easy pay this year which I do not recall ever being offered before.

I have always found at least a pair or two that were worth buying in years past but try as I might this year, there was nothing.  I think the sales prior to the live show were so poor that they added easy pay to see if that would help.  Does't appear to have had any affect.

Kind of curious why the offerings were so bad this year .........................  the whole event seemed to be "off" from the selection to the lack of advertising to the live show.