Honored Contributor

@JJsMom 

I would do a black legging but without the grommet embellishment on the ankles. Let the top shine

Honored Contributor

Didn't they have lounging gowns with pants similar to this style in the 50's?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I don't like it with the pants, but it could work with black hose/tights and pumps.

Well, that just makes me think of Ann Miller or Mitzi Gaynor or some dancer of that era. 😃

stars-ann-miller-P484K6.jpg

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple 

I think you're right. Didn't Mom wear something like this to entertain in Father Knows Best?! There's something very retro about it for sure but I've also seen more recent gowns in a similar style.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@JJsMom 

I would do a black legging but without the grommet embellishment on the ankles. Let the top shine

Yes, the legging detail is overkill. I like tights with it because it would make it look more like a dress. :-D I like it as a dress but not really as a top.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Hmmm... trying to imagine myself wearing that, flipping it back and forth as I push my cart down the supermarket aisle.   Cute for the red carpet, but not practical for the rest of us.  Love that color!

@tototwo  ooonooo.gif