Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember These?

@Foxxee   It was the year I was born....

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must be really old! I can remember wearing those things to my grade school on my long winter walk to school. I HATED them. Snow got frozen in the zippers and they were a real pain to get out of!

Honored Contributor

I thought those were so cool with the fur around the collar.  I wanted a pair so badly but they didn't come in my size.  I used to steal my sister's boots even though they didn't fit me.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Women's Stadium Boots at Mast Shoe Store, October 1955 image

Ann Arbor News, November 1, 1955

Women's nylon stadium boots, in black, grey, brown green. Available with laces in black, brown. $6.95 White rubber stadium boots, only $4.95.

Yes, my mom had a pair back in the 50's.

Regular Contributor

Yes.  When I was a little girl, and then I bought a pair of stadium boots about ten years ago.  They work great!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I think my grandma had them. They were fashionable back in the day. 

Honored Contributor

Actually.......thinking about this.......

I don't recall wearing these particular style of  shoes, mainly because I was only a young, young toddler/ child.

Could be my mom wore them.

Years later, I recall wearing similar styles, maybe in the 1960"s, with fur collar.  I believe suede?  Not sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember them being made of a rubber-like material.  They were worn over your flat shoes.

My mother wore them as did every lady in church when it was wet or snowy outside.

They were called "over shoes."

Here's a pic with description.

D856C16B-5D25-470E-93F6-86F8F2B4B849.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Yes I do. I was in grade school. Mothers wore those with nylons with the seam in the back over their shoes. I think we had them too but no fur. 

Honored Contributor

I don't remember them from years ago - but they look much like the snow boots I donated last year.

I decided that now at my advanced age I'm not taking any chances of falling and breaking something ...and will not be going outside in the snow,   

I'll wait until the sidewarks are clear. .... so my rain boots will do fine for puddles.