Honored Contributor

Re: Do you live in casual clothes?

When I'm not working, I certainly live in casual clothing. I get tired of wearing jackets, etc. to work. I live in either Logo tops and yoga pants/jeans or lulu lemon or some of my older V.S. PINK hoodies and yoga pants-ballet flats or sketchers go walks in a multitude of colors.

When I stop working at a "career" job, I'll either consign or donate the majority of my work clothes. I'm trying to cut back on jackets and work clothing as I anticipate a career job for only 5 more years. I'd like to do something for fun at some point like going back to selling makeup.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 4/25/2014 happy housewife said:

Rock chick - Bless your heart - you are taking things with a positive attitude. best of luck.

At our campground there are a lot of workers who live there full time- mostly they were the drillers for the marcellas shale and then they were the pipeline workers. We were recently saying we wondered if there would be workers this year. It seems the pipelines have mostly moved on from the area. However, they have opened a refining plant in a small town nearby. Anyway, we became friends with some of the worker families who camped near us. They seem to take the camper lifestyle 12 months of the year in their stride. We sold our fifth wheel to a pipeline worker.

Parts of me are really looking forward to a "new adventure". I think having a home where I can keep all my "extras" will be a good thing. When it all happened, the first thing I said is that "I have to stay here and work through the summer because DD is coming home from college." The next day she called to say that she and a friend would probably get an apt and stay in that town. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

My going out clothes are casual so, yes.

Super Contributor

In winter, I live in long yoga pants and sweatshirts from Fresh Produce. In summer I live in crop yoga pants and tops from Fresh Produce.

Super Contributor

Pretty much all the time since retiring. I have chosen this lifestyle. To each her own. I'm trying to simplify.

1. I wear 3/4 D & C tops most of the year (or a few other brands). I try to get the nicer ones with some kind of design, etc. on them to wear them shopping with my cotton/blend pants.

2. Now that it is getting hot, I wear them with pedal pushers. Also the D & C dresses and Liz Claiborne dresses are good for throwing on in case a neighbor comes by. The polo dresses are really cute.

3. I go to a pretty casual church, but I do put on Susan Graver or George Simonton tops. Dress pants are tough.

4. I recently made an inventory of the things needed for a funeral, wedding, dressy occasion, etc. and have come up with some things that will work in that event. If I ever get invited to the White House, I'm toast.

Trusted Contributor

I really like dressing well so I am only really casual when I am at home or running a few errands. Otherwise if I am going out to lunch, dinner, movies, theater, concert, etc., I am always dressed up.
Valued Contributor

i work in an office but the dress code is jeans.

I have a nice variety of clothes and like to dress up more but these last couple years I have changed my buying habits. I am not ready to retire but getting closer so I decided I need to buy less and make better use of the items I do have.

I like dark wash jeans and jackets and sweaters and cardigans. In the summer I like to wear lighter pants and dressier capri's.

I am sure things will change but for now these are the kinds of things I wear. I would say more casual dressy more than just casual.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a resort mountain town so tee shirts & jeans nearly every day.

Respected Contributor

On 4/25/2014 maddiecat said:

Marienkaefer2,

It is definitely a challenge finding pants to fit!

I have pretty good luck with the Ann Taylor Curvy cut. Unfortunately, most Curvy styles are no longer offered in the stores and must be ordered online. I really prefer to try on before I buy. However, last fall I ordered two pairs of tropical wool pants online and they were fine.

My favorite black pants came from Banana Republic. In fact, I own two pairs! They are the Jackson fit, tropical wool (lined). I have an older pair of Martin fit pants in the same fabric, but the new styles don't fit the same.

In my closet I have some full-length cotton sateen pants from LOFT that are great for summer wear, but when I tried on similar pants at LOFT recently, I found that they were a little too short in the length.

I wear a lot of tops and sweaters from Talbots, but have very little luck with their pants, as they are generally too short. I'm 5'7" and like to wear 2-3" heels with mine.

Good luck in your search!

Thanks for the info!

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I have a casual lifestyle and lots of summery things, butI'm on a dress kick lately.I just bought four summer dresses.I love looking girly and wearing a dress, even though DH pretty much wears shorts and golf shirts (: I've decided to enjoy it while I still can (;