Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Wash An Item Before You Try It On?

On 5/28/2014 chrystaltree said:

No, I don't wash things before I wear them. I don't know anyone who does that. Yes, indeed. All of the shopping channels have very liberal return policies and you have to naive to think that doesn't cost us. They can project returns and the cost is factored into the price. But I like the return policies, it's one of the reasons why I shop with QVC. And I don't even return many things. It's just nice to know that I can and I have 30 days to do it.

Well many items say wash before wearing. Jeans are very bad,they bleed all over the legs. I don't always, but believe me people do, especially childrens items. The clothes are sprayed with formaldehyde, fabric finishes and insecticides on certain items. It is the same as washing sheets before you use them. Sheets can even have a chemical smell. They are covered in chemicals. Also, if if a person doesn't wash certain items before wearing, they should sure wash them before the 30 days is up. I have had crooked seams, hems come undone and fabrics shrink unevenly. I hang dry most of my personal clothes too!

Honored Contributor

Do you think for one minute QVC would lower costs if people quit returning? I don't think so.. However, in the 25 years I have been shopping on QVC I have returned a handful of items. When they come, I look at them in the bag without opening, to decide if I like color. I have mostly returned items, unopened because colors was so off. I ordered a petal pink. Looked like a medium, soft ballet pink. It came, and it was bright neon shocking pink, OUCH! If I like color, I try clothing on, if I have any doubts at all, I send it back next day. I do not buy clothes from QVC any more, except for 2 styles of LOGO tops.I get same 2 styles, same size, everytime. QVC sizes are too out there. In the "olden days", QVC clothing was all the same size from brand to brand. I always knew my size. Now a days a large (size 12-14) top could mean size 10 to 1X. You never know! JMHO

Honored Contributor

Never..........and I only wash jeans before I start to wear them to get rid of the excess dye

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I agree with you. People that ask the question "Should I wash it before I return it?" are asking for a blessing on wearing an item, then returning. Makes about as much sense as the question "Should I empty the contents of this cosmetic kit to make it lighter in shipping?" Yes, I've seen that, more than once.