Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Own A Sweater Duster?

I have one and love it but I do not like this TSV duster!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus

Where in No VA? ( it's where I'm from!) I may have asked you before but I don't recall

DIL and all family born & raised in Sterling. Met my son who was living in Alexandria. Both were working for same firm. He’s landscape architect & she’s a horticulturist. Match made in heaven.

Respected Contributor

I bought one a few years ago when Lisa Rinna had one as a TSV. Thought nice in the Fall but for some reason haven't worn it? 

Respected Contributor

Love them  I purchased a "Dialogue"( so you knw it is old) long ago and still wear it.  I think it will never wear out. Just in case a few years ago I purchased a twin and put it away.  I have not worn it yet.  The duster is marino wool so I an wear it even in the winter (I live in New England)  over wool sweaters or with a warm scarf which I wear on the outside of the duster. It has no buttons so sometimes I belt it.  I agree the verticality of it is very slimming and it looks good with skirts, dresses, slacks or jeans.   I just purchased the TSV from Halston since it seems to be lightweight.  Hope to get a great deal of wear out of it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus

Where in No VA? ( it's where I'm from!) I may have asked you before but I don't recall

DIL and all family born & raised in Sterling. Met my son who was living in Alexandria. Both were working for same firm. He’s landscape architect & she’s a horticulturist. Match made in heaven.

@Shanus

I remember when Sterling Park was a brand-new community! I was living just down the road in Reston

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  How about a picture????   I have no idea what a duster is.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have one and just wear it around the house...

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

No, I don't own one.   I'm too short (5'3")  to carry that look off.  

I'm 5'3 too. If I wore a duster, I would also need to have about 8 cats to make the look complete. 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus

@Shanus

I remember when Sterling Park was a brand-new community! I was living just down the road in Reston

@Andreatoo. They moved after marriage to Reston and lived there w/ my granddaughters until moving down here 1/2 hr. away for his new job. They’re amazed by the reduced cost of living!!! When I frequently visited, loved Reston Town Center...especially in warmer months when they had entertainment and everyone was out for the evening w/ their kids and dogs, eating on outdoor patios. It’s a perfectly planned community. Everything you need right there. I miss my Silver Diner!!! We’re getting a Wegman’s in 2 yrs. down the street. They’re clearing the land now and moving the access roads to allow for the traffic. I fear Trader Joe and Whole Food’s will have stiff competition. No one in NC (unless traveled to see it) has experienced anything like Wegman’s!!! It’s like when NC first got a Nordstrom’s. You couldn’t get near the store for 6 months...they opened motels nearby since so many came from out of town and stayed over. Just plain weird!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Yes, and I love them!  I have one in a dark taupe/mocha, and another in navy.  None are high/low hem or split down the side.  They are a long column that gives me the look of a lean line (I'm 5'7" tall), and they look fabulous.  

I like to wear them to dress up a pair of skinny or straight leg jeans and a very simple top.  Add a pair of ankle boots and hoop earrings -- I wear this outfit to either dress-down days at the office, or weekends doing whatever.  

@Caaareful Shopper- This is a good look you're describing.  I wore mine with a pair of dress slacks (to work).  Mine have the matching belt that I tied in the back and wore open in the front - and with hoop earrings!  Smiley Happy