Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did the new shipping policy affect your Linea buying today?

On 2/10/2015 RespectLife said:

OP (and maybe others), I do hope you knew that the new policy of no refunding original shipping does NOT START until orders placed ON and AFTER FEBRUARY 15TH???

The shipping discount off the second item is already gone...but original shipping must be refunded on orders placed through 2/14/15. Anything you purchased in this show that is returned would have gotten at the original shipping refunded.

I am with you...between an XS & S...sizing at Q even Linea is unpredictable. What I do return...I combine with other returns to save my return shipping costs.

Now losing $3 per item AND my return shipping will cause me to stop taking any chances on new items at Q. I have one more week of shopping here...then I am done unless it is a reorder of a proven item.

Hope they have some good things this week!

Unfortunately I have had the experience that even if I order an item I already own, if it is in a different color, the sizing may still be inconsistent.

I have had that same problem when I've tried on items in a B&M store, but the difference is there I can just try the next size w/o having to pay for the privilege other than my time and gas to go there.

Honored Contributor

Yes. Without the individual garment measurements I will not order. End of my story.

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Per customer service, You will get the shipping refunded if the returns are postmarked by Feb 17.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Tylerpoo2 said:

Per customer service, You will get the shipping refunded if the returns are postmarked by Feb 17.

I believe the rep that told you that is totally incorrect. I just spoke with a C/S manager who confirmed the following:

The new policy clearly states:

"Effective with orders PLACED on or after February 17th, if you return for any other reason (than defects or their error), we will no longer refund the original shipping and handling."

You do not have to return it (have it postmarked) by that date at all. You must ORDER it before February 17th to receive a refund of original shipping.

Valued Contributor

On 2/10/2015 RespectLife said:
On 2/10/2015 Tylerpoo2 said:

I believe the rep that told you that is totally incorrect. I just spoke with a C/S manager who confirmed the following:

The new policy clearly states:

"Effective with orders PLACED on or after February 17th, if you return for any other reason (than defects or their error), we will no longer refund the original shipping and handling."

You do not have to return it (have it postmarked) by that date at all. You must ORDER it before February 17th to receive a refund of original shipping.

A difference CS rep confirmed what you have said.

So Ladies we better hurry up and order because we only have 7 days left to get the return shipping refunded. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Valued Contributor

It will affect my future purchases from QVC. I am between an xs and s. I ordered the teal and raspberry sleeveless dresses last summer in small and they were too large, yet in the maxi dresses the summer before I wear a small.

This year I ordered the black peacoat in small and kept wondering if I should have ordered the x-small. Eventually I ordered the x-small and it fits great. I ordered the x-small aubergine in the older animal print jacket and though it fit the sleeves were too short.

Then I decided to order the Isaac Mizrahi Live Soft Shell Jacket with hood. So based on my experience with the black peacoat I ordered the x-small. It did kinda fit but felt too restricting when buttoned. So I exchanged it for the small and it fits great.

Back to Linea items. Okay I normally order small in tops and jackets. I do not like tightly fitted but not baggy either. So even though I could possibly order x-small in whisper knits I order small. The new pullover V-neck A259108 in small was so loose I could have probably put two of me in there. I love the wk V-neck and always get it in small. The new aubergine knit jacket in small fit perfectly. The aubergine wk pencil skirt in small needed more hips, so I asked for an exchange in x-small. That exchange did not happen.

When I went to reorder it I realized the price was increased by $3.00. So to reorder it cost $3.00 more plus full shipping as in my original order I had the s&h discount. I know I could probably call and ask for an adjustment, but its just not worth it to me.

But in seeing that increase I began looking at other items I purchased in December and noticed many price increases. I think this was done prior to the now lowered $3.00 s&h to make up the difference.

Examples of this:

A259261 was $109.00 now $117.00

A259859 was $49.87 now $59.00

A217629 was $44.00 now $46.50

A259108 was $46.00 now $49.00

A224938 was $69.50 now $72.00

So it really bothers me that they increased prices prior to lowering shipping costs!

Regular Contributor

I'm a little confused - I just checked the info on the new policy and this is what it said for Exchanges -- according to this the exchange policy remains the same??

Has your exchange policy changed as well?
A:
No, our exchange policy remains the same. If for any reason you're not satisfied, our return policy allows you to send back the merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange, minus the Q Return Label fee.

Respected Contributor

This is incorrect. I spoke to three CS people. They all told me the same thing: That the original S&H would be charged for an exchange. In the past it never was.

bree: why didn't your exchange happen on the aubergine pencil skirt?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/10/2015 lavendar said:

This is incorrect. I spoke to three CS people. They all told me the same thing: That the original S&H would be charged for an exchange. In the past it never was.

bree: why didn't your exchange happen on the aubergine pencil skirt?

So if you opt to exchange you would pay $3 original shipping + $7 for return label + another $3 to have the replacement shipped; $13.00 total.

If the replacement was still wrong you'd pay another $7 for the return label or $20 total in s/h.

Is this right?

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Personally I liked the old shipping charges and rules. If I returned something, I always returned within 30 days. I also could upgrade to UPS if I wanted and still get the money if I returned. Now it appears that QVC has upped the UPS shipping charges also. UPS was my way of getting the item within 5 days or even faster than that. I just ordered two Dr. Denese things yesterday. In the old days I would receive at least the TSV by Friday. I am curious to see how long it will take now.