Valued Contributor

Re: Did the new shipping policy affect your Linea buying today?

I ordered 2 items last week at the $3 dollar each option, I usually always choose UPS but the UPS option was about $6. I chose the $3 option and my items were delivered in 4 days by UPS. So this tells me that Best Standard Delivery for $3 could be by UPS or USPS. Who knows what QVC is doing.

Yes, the new shipping policy will affect how I spend/order from QVC .

Like Sheesh said"It is what it is".

Respected Contributor

Yes, it did. Sizing has been a bit unpredictable this year for me in Linea, so I have to think more than I used to about trying an item and hoping I guess the best size for me based on all the info I can get. I really think about it now as it would be $10 shipping to return an item, the return cost w/label, and the original $3.

Didn't order today. Nothing that was on my want list, just enjoyed the show.

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 sunshine45 said:

loving what hsn is doing now if you have an hsn card. when you have a return and have used your hsn card as payment and use the prepaid label for your return, they give you the value of the return label back as spendable kash.

they are still refunding original shipping AND have buy more save more on shipping.

And the fine print on that is that this Spendable Kash expires in 90 days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have so many Linea jackets, etc. that I need to stop buying for a while. Yes, the new policy also has an effect since if for some reason I get the wrong size it will cost at least $10. or maybe more to do a return. Putting a stop on QVC for a while. (I still have a Linea jacket ordered way over a week ago and it should arrive tomorrow. Should be fine because I already have two of the same jacket and ordered the same size.)

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Sheesh said:

FYI, the "Southern Channel" credits me the amount of the Return Charge in Spendable Cash---a WIN WIN. Why can't the Q ever get it right? It appears that the Q bean counters are making "bottom line $" based decisions---but it should be all about the Sales & Marketing---increasing sales and revenue.

Also, why aren't they taking a page from Amazon's book and offering a "Prime" type account where for a yearly fee, you get free shipping. I'd jump on that in a heart beat.

There does not appear to be many forward thinking people running the Q---they are always "a day late and a dollar short"---and they are trying to make up those dollars in shipping fees---but they have only succeeded in alienating their loyal customer base. I bet they put a lot of time and effort into this wrong headed decision, too.

What she said. Every word.

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 VaBelle35 said:
On 2/9/2015 sunshine45 said:

loving what hsn is doing now if you have an hsn card. when you have a return and have used your hsn card as payment and use the prepaid label for your return, they give you the value of the return label back as spendable kash.

they are still refunding original shipping AND have buy more save more on shipping.

And the fine print on that is that this Spendable Kash expires in 90 days.

that is fine with me because i order more often from hsn anyways......and with this incentive it virtually costs me nothing to try an item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I used it to my advantage. I was able to put one item in as one sale on one credit card with $3.00 SH and put the second item on a different card with another $3.00 SH, saving money over doing the same two-card order with the higher SH. I love the new SH charge policy. I figured out last month's orders and if the policy was in effect then, I would have saved $30.00. I also get my items in a week. I don't care if it takes a week. I am wondering where the garment measurements have gone-not just from Linea. Using the measurements on each garment makes ordering the right size much easier for me. I am seeing more designers creating items with the smaller department store sizing instead of the Q's vanity sizing. I am glad Louis pointed this out about his casual jacket, today, but he is not always around when I order, so I hope to see the garment sizing return for every item.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2015 CathyRD said:

The Shipping discounted price is $3.00 now for clothing, yes. Sounds good, but it's not the whole story for many of us, it's a thinly disguised shipping INCREASE. Two weeks ago, I ordered 3 Linea items. Shipping on each of $6.72 standard or UPS. Now, I can't and won't use standard shipping; it takes either an extra week, or just never shows up at all; lost between post offices. So, I always selected UPS; in most cases the same price or a dolllar or so more than standard, and still got the discounted half price on 2nd and 3rd garment. So full price shipping for all 3 would have been $20.16; with the discount, I paid $13.40. This week discounted standard shipping would have been $9.00, making a savings of $4.40 EXCEPT I can't do standard shipping.

NOW with the new "discounts???", there is no longer a half price on the 2nd, 3rd etc. garments. So today if I ordered the same 3 garments UPS, I would have paid the full $20.16 shipping instead of $9.00. Guess we can see where the discounted shipping savings are coming from. And UPS hasn't raised their rates; gas is down etc. ... this just moved money from one place to another.

Returns ... well, two weeks ago, if I returned a garment, I paid for the original shipping, and the return shipping. Q credited back the cost of the garment plus the cost of the original shipping; that will no longer happen. So if there's a return, you'll pay original shipping and the returns shipping; no cost savings at all. And I am a very careful considered shopper, obsessive measurer with infrequent returns ...

Yes, this is affecting me to the point of not being willing to shop here any longer.

Thanks for the explanation. I see the problem with the change in the return shipping policy.

I still think people should be able to save money on the original shipping, though. I don't see why anyone is in such a rush to receive merchandise. I never pay extra for faster shipping anywhere I order. Things usually come to me within a few days, and that's fine.

Esteemed Contributor

it absolutely did and I'm sad for both myself and for Louis and his great line of clothing.

W/O good solid measurements on the websites plus the S&H policy now in force, well, clothing and shoes will be on my do not buy list from QVC unless I feel sure of the sizing.

Honored Contributor

OP (and maybe others), I do hope you knew that the new policy of no refunding original shipping does NOT START until orders placed ON and AFTER FEBRUARY 17TH???

The shipping discount off the second item is already gone...but original shipping must be refunded on orders placed through 2/16/15. Anything you purchased in this show that is returned would have gotten at the original shipping refunded.

I am with you...between an XS & S...sizing at Q even Linea is unpredictable. What I do return...I combine with other returns to save my return shipping costs.

Now losing $3 per item AND my return shipping will cause me to stop taking any chances on new items at Q. I have one more week of shopping here...then I am done unless it is a reorder of a proven item.

Hope they have some good things this week!

**Edited to correct the dates...I apologize