Super Contributor

Denim & Co. colors - trying to make an outfit

I'd like to make a an outfit of Denim & Co. capri pants (A14924 true olive) and the Denim & Co. cardigan (A199886 deep olive). Each "olive" has a different name. Can I infer from that that they won't match?

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. colors - trying to make an outfit

The may blend but won't be the exact match.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

seaswirl - the greens in particular will be tricky. I tried to match a new stone/olive dress with an olive jacket (both Denim & Co) and it didn't go well.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

seaswirl...the best thing about that new dark olive is that you can put all kinds of colors with it. Coral looks great, aqua, navy. It is the "new neutral" which the show hosts preach but they have not about this one yet. I do not own that color but I want it and love it. You go girl. Have fun with it. One thing I would not do is wear other olives...just my take. Have a great time wearing that gorgeous color, I love that color. Smile

Super Contributor

Gary [senior designer] does say over and over again that the colors from Denim and Company will match. They do not! I tried to match a warm coral and a hot coral color together and they clashed. I would just make sure the names for the colors are the same for a perfect match. Hope that helps you? Happy shopping!

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean - a "light", "deep", "dark" green or whatever color can be completely different colorwaves.

A yellow, coral, or khaki would look good with your olive green.

That's why I wish they'd bring in more multi-colored tops.

Super Contributor

I would think of the olive as a neutral shade and match them with coral or pink another shade of a lighter green or even a cherry red looks nice with olive.

Honored Contributor

I am sending the dark olive capris back. I found the color to be sort of "muddy" and something that didn't go well with anything I owned. Maybe a white or black tee--but nothing about the color says "summer" to me either. I expected to LOVE it, and found it difficult to match with MY stuff! But that's just my closet.

Respected Contributor

On 5/7/2014 Starlight1 said:

{#emotions_dlg.blink} Gary [senior designer] does say over and over again that the colors from Denim and Company will match. They do not! I tried to match a warm coral and a hot coral color together and they clashed. I would just make sure the names for the colors are the same for a perfect match. Hope that helps you? Happy shopping!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I don't think he claims that every D&Co color will match every other color, nor that one coral will necessarily match another coral. They do state that there are many nice color combinations to be made from D&Co colors, and that colors with exactly the same name should match exactly (taking into account that different fabrics with the same color name may not look exactly the same).