Super Contributor

I love Denim & Co. clothes but hate the scratchy numerous labels in their garments.  There is no way I can wear the clothes unless I remove the labels.  Some of them are sewn into the seams so they can't be removed.  Others are sewn in so tight and re-stiched several times that I cut a hole in the clothes trying to get rid of the labels. Especially the D&Co is huge, stiff and scratchy.  Why ruin great clothes with stupid labels.   I wonder if other people detest labels as much as I do? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. annoying labels

If your eyes (like mine!) aren't what they used to be, have your tailor or dry cleaner remove the labels that bother you.

Valued Contributor

Denim & Co. labels are the WORSE.  Good post; hopefully they will work on these; thanks!!

Contributor

I agree and the printed on labels tend to rub off making it uncomfortable too. That can be as itchy as the labels!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish all brands would remove the sewn in labels!!!  I would like to see no labels in the neckline of clothing.  Labels could be placed on a side seam toward the bottom of the garment.

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE- I honestly don't know anyone who has a tailor, and I definitely don't have one. I rarely have the need to drop anything off at a dry cleaner either since I'm retired and only buy clothes that I can wash at home. I think the better idea is what has been requested, and that's for D&C to stop using those sewn-in labels that drive a lot of us crazy! LOL!

Respected Contributor

I hate those scratchy labels.  They are usually stitched so tight they're almost impossible to remove without doing some damage to the garment. Definitely annoying.  

Esteemed Contributor

I bet it's cheaper to put sewn in labels than to have the label printed.   Skinny tees also has the worst labels on the Q, they use that awful nylon thread that lterally cuts into the skin and very difficult to remove.  I've stopped purchasing as a result.

Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

I love Denim & Co. clothes but hate the scratchy numerous labels in their garments.  There is no way I can wear the clothes unless I remove the labels.  Some of them are sewn into the seams so they can't be removed.  Others are sewn in so tight and re-stiched several times that I cut a hole in the clothes trying to get rid of the labels. Especially the D&Co is huge, stiff and scratchy.  Why ruin great clothes with stupid labels.   I wonder if other people detest labels as much as I do? 

@TW. I don’t purchase clothing w/ scratchy labels. My other pet peeve are these labels for care instructions written like hyragyliphics (sp?)...pics of washers, maybe with an X through it, etc. If I can’t figure out how to launder the garment, no sale. 

Respected Contributor

Most labels don't bother me & I don't like cutting them out.  My mom snipped off every label in every item she owned. In her later yrs, when I often had to shop for her, it was irritating not to know her size.