Super Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. annoying labels

You all should see Fabletics labels! They are 4 inches long!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  You know one time I got a magnetic chart with those crazy symbols on it and I have to say it helps me.  I keep on the front of my washer.  I think it came with a bottle of Tide or Wisk.  Try going on line, I bet you can find one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I attack those pesky labels with my trusty seam ripper. Perfect tool for this....just slide that thin pointy end under the tight stitching and it's toast. Find at fabric store, ebay or amazon. A must have.

Related image

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk

I have one or more of those seam rippers that you pictured.

However, there are times even that cannot remove a label without damaging the clothing or tearing out a seam/hem that holds down a facing.

There have been times my husband has remarked that my back was covered with scratches/cuts from threads from a label that I thought I had fully removed. 

Sometimes, one of those "invisible threads" remain and they cut into my skin.  That's when I just stop wearing that item!

I hate, hate, hate labels!

Honored Contributor

This is a great topic!  I really hope that someone who could do something about this sees this thread!

I also hate scratchy labels and almost all labels at the neck are scratchy and annoying!  Sometimes I'll put something new on and forget about the label until I start moving and realize just how much it's driving me crazy.  Then I'll have to take the top off and cut out the label....I can't stand them!

Another poster suggested placing them in the seam on the side near the bottom....EXCELLENT suggestion!

Trusted Contributor

I agree. I detest them. I swear some of the manufactures use fishing line. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning