Honored Contributor

Watching DG2 on HSN and the style is just not me anymore.  Its completely changed since Diane is not designing anymore.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

....It could be the fabric (or the fit)......lots of horizontally pulled creases on the beautiful  green pair of jeans.

I love the matching color, though.

Edited:  I've been thinking about this......Could it be that some models could size up to prevent the pulled across creases?  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

I completely agree.  I have some nice pieces, especially jeans that I purchased but no more.  I don't like the guy involved either, he creeps me out. Can't explain why but I can't watch or listen to him.

Respected Contributor

I think the material changed over the years.  I ordered 2 of the white straight leg virtual stretch jeans recently - same style but 2 different sizes.  The smaller size had horizontal wrinkles all over the legs, especially at the knees where there seemed to be way too much fabric.  The larger size didn't fix the problem.  The fabric just bunches up and doesn't hang nicely.  I have lots of older pieces and I like the fabric and fit but the new things have changed and not in a good way.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Imaoldhippie 

I completely agree.  I have some nice pieces, especially jeans that I purchased but no more.  I don't like the guy involved either, he creeps me out. Can't explain why but I can't watch or listen to him.

@mspatmac.  Strange....I think Sam is great and has a wonderful voice.  It was Diane, her rambling and incorrect sizing information that got on my nerves.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I just saw a t-shirt for $60. It was embroidered but not worth that imo.

DG2 by Diane Gilman Embroidered Eyelet Knit Tee

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Imaoldhippie 

@mspatmac.  Strange....I think Sam is great and has a wonderful voice.  It was Diane, her rambling and incorrect sizing information that got on my nerves.

@Kachina624  I 100% agree with you.  I couldn't watch Diane for long.  I love Sam!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I miss Diane also.  It just is not the same with her gone from the design team and with her on air presence.

I do not care for the items that are being presented.  The only thing I buy from DG2 is the Classic stretch and Virtual stretch jeans.  Those are still good. That is about it.  Since she left, the company has gone down hill imo.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee , I watched this presentation for a few minutes. I used to like her line although her sleeve length was usually too short for my long arms. The DG guy said something to the effect of "don't wear plain old boring crew neck shirts" and I immediately turned him off, that ruffled my feathers. I happen to like plain old tees more than this $60 shirt that I would never wear. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie @santorini   The pants definitely changed over the years.  I liked them early on, she had beautiful embroidered style and the flare was just perfect for me, unlike any other jean I have had.  The she changed the material.  It was so stretchy, I had to constantly pull them on, so I stopped shopping.

I took refuge in Women with Control, that Blue Tec band really works for me, keeping the pants in place, as well as the silhouette.  But it the newest pants don't have the blue tec and the cotton spandex pants now have lots of poly.  (The all had some poly in the jeans, and I was OK with that, don't want it in the knits).  I hope WWC doesn't ruin a good thing.

I am well stocked right now, but I know I'll need again.