Honored Contributor

Re: Cotton/Spandex blend - too hot for warm weather?

Most of you may already know this, but the fabric content in ladies' SOCKS has changed quite a bit in the last 5 years .... more and more socks are now made primarily of polyester, or blends of poly, nylon, acrylic and spandex!

Cotton is less eco-friendly and more expensive to manufacture so they are using a LOT less of it in socks these days.

I was recently looking for those sock liners (no cuffs) to wear inside sneakers in a 98% cotton and 2% spandex blend .... and had to go to three stores to find them!   

If you're a lover of cotton socks, it wouldn't hurt to stock up ... at least have a few extra pair.   IMO, polyester socks make feet sweat, and there's nothing worse than hot sweaty feet!   ugh

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm weird (I've been told that) but when I wear something that's all (100%) cotton, it grows and grows and shrinks in the bottom.

I love, love all cotton.  That's all I wear around the house and sleep in.  However, when I go out I like the clothes to have something in it (just a little) that helps it hold it's shape.

We're all different.  I become a nut job (onery) when the humidity climbs up (you can image what an ogre I am here in the DC area in August, famous for humidity).  I run a dehumidifier and it gets gallons out of the air, the minute it stops/fills I know it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah......except for shelf bra cami

Honored Contributor

In very hot weather there is nothing better IMO than cotton gauze.  Loose peasant blouses.  Airy skirts.