Honored Contributor

Re: Changing closets

[ Edited ]

I actually don't switch since I use lightweight pieces to layer with when necessary.

Also, I'm always in casual clothes and they fit in just one closet.

Pretty much everything is transitional and I've got easy access to them.

Respected Contributor

Reading this thread reminded me that I had to purge some things from my closet so I went ahead and did that just now, filling a large trash bag plus a smaller bag (shoes). I'm fortunate enough to have a closet large enough to fit all my clothes except for coats and jackets but it feels good to have the extra "breathing room" for my clothes and to have gotten rid of things that no longer fit me since I lost weight.  😊

Honored Contributor

I have pared down by wardrobe considerably the last several years so I don't really need to change out my closet that much. I do not have a walk-in, and my closet is not big. I put the items that "scream" summer (shorts, white pants, summery tops) in a basement closet and in one bottom dresser drawer in my bedroom. My summer shoes go on my closet floor stacked in the back corner.  It only took me a few minutes to switch things around a few days ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have too many clothes which makes things more difficult.  I take the really warm weather stuff and put in a spare closet or in a rubbermaid bin.  Still figuring out where to store the rubbermaid bin though LOL.  My coats stay in the coat closet and I bring the winter ones up from the basement and exchange with the lighter weight stuff when it is really cold.  I layer clothes too, so I keep quite a bit of warm weather tops in my closet year round.  Sweaters are in a spare closet so I'll move those into my mbr closet.  My next home will have a giant closet or his and hers closets.  Fingers crossed.