Frequent Contributor

Beautiful by Lawrence Zarian

[ Edited ]

I have ordered several of his things.  They are SUCH nice quality.  I will say his things run a little bit large in my opinion.  I can wear some regular in other designers in regular but his sweaters were too big for me since I am 5'1" petite.   I had to send back pants also because they were too long even though petite.. But the quality was wonderful.  I have a tank that is fabulous.  I will try to find the item to post. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Beautiful by Lawrence Zarian

@Beammeupscotty 

Thanks for posting your experience with this new brand.  I'm watching as I type lol.  There's definitely a lot of pretty things in his line.💝🌸

Respected Contributor

I’m watching how also. I love Lawrence and love his line. Gorgeous.
@Beammeupscotty.. I’m 5’1- petite also and appreciate hearing from u how the clothes fit. Thanks.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

So the tank I have has the ruched shoulders.  I love the feel of it.  It's not petite so it's slightly long but still I can wear it.  Originally ordered medium but had to exchange for small A637013 

The sweater I won't post a picture because it is now only available "As Is"  but it was too large on me even in the medium also not petite.  A69510

The pants were too long only because I can't wear heels anymore (SOB!).  

A633188. 

Trusted Contributor

I have the teal medallion print in the wide leg pants and matching peasant top.  Gorgeous outfit!  I went down a size in both the pants and the top.  I just purchased the navy wide leg pants to wear with my peasant top.  I want his ivory tank with the gathered shoulders but it's sold out in my size.   I also purchased his sheer floral blouse in the gold to wear with the navy pants.  I have a navy tank top to wear underneath it.  I wear a 30" inseam in pants and the 31" inseam in the regular pants hits just above the floor on me, they aren't dragging on the floor but I do feel that I need to wear at least a 1" heel with them. 

His items are really lovely but you do need to look closely at the garment measurements before you order.  On the more relaxed fit items, it's almost like vanity sizing, lol, so you may be able to go down a size from your regular QVC sizing.  But on his tanks, I would order my usual Q size since they are a closer fit.

Respected Contributor

Today is the first time I've seen his line and it is indeed beautiful. It fills the Linea hole I've been feeling.

Esteemed Contributor

Lawrence Zarian designs and executes lovely items, but he fails in the fabric used in those pieces. Natural fabrics would be so much more attractive and comfortable for the customer to wear. And linings are a necessity in jackets! 

I would also hesitate to purchase slacks with a 32" length knowing they would have to be altered. Why is he making them long enough to drag on the floor for the majority of shoppers?

He needs to make Pettite, Average, and Tall lengths to sell those 32" dragging on the floor while-you-mop-pants. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

@BirkiLady 

I agree about the length of pants.  From the postings here from MacDuff and others, it seems that the extra long pant is the style now.  Not for me since I can't wear heels. So I suppose that's why his pants are long.  Beautfiul but long.

I found his fabrics that I purchased were wonderful.  Loved my sweaters I had to return but couldn't get the size.  Also my tank is wonderfully soft and looks rich.

Honored Contributor

This is the first time I've seen a full Zarian show.  So many beautiful things and Pat was wearing a too big ugly black monstrosity.  But everything else was colorful, bright, beautifully made.  

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Lawrence Zarian designs and executes lovely items, but he fails in the fabric used in those pieces. Natural fabrics would be so much more attractive and comfortable for the customer to wear. And linings are a necessity in jackets! 

I would also hesitate to purchase slacks with a 32" length knowing they would have to be altered. Why is he making them long enough to drag on the floor for the majority of shoppers?

He needs to make Pettite, Average, and Tall lengths to sell those 32" dragging on the floor while-you-mop-pants. 

Filling out all the sizes is expensive. You end up with dollars tied up on OH inventory. Since he's so new I bet they are waiting to see how the line performs.