Respected Contributor

I've been following this forum for quite a long time and never jumped on any "As is" item and probably will never will again.

I just got a pair those D&C crops A236187, looked at the outside and said "ok" then opened up the pants and oh my gosh, and I can say that again, oh my gosh they are full of hair.

Seriously, I've never seen so much hair in my life attached to a piece of clothing, it's not dog hair (had a dog) but human hair, what it's doing in my pants I have no idea but as I'm writing this, I'm thinking it's pretty funny. Did someone put these over their head? Did someone have that much of a hairy bu**, yes, it's disgusting but rather funny now.

So you can tell me your items are winners, nothing wrong with them etc. I will never and I mean never buy another as is again.

Trusted Contributor
The only ""as is"" items I've bought have been jewelry items. The ones I've bought have been pristine.
Honored Contributor

I used to buy things on eBay and I got one item that reeked, I mean seriously reeked of smoke. I had to wash it asap

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
On 6/4/2014 nantucket shore said:

I've been following this forum for quite a long time and never jumped on any "As is" item and probably will never will again.

I just got a pair those D&C crops A236187, looked at the outside and said "ok" then opened up the pants and oh my gosh, and I can say that again, oh my gosh they are full of hair.

Seriously, I've never seen so much hair in my life attached to a piece of clothing, it's not dog hair (had a dog) but human hair, what it's doing in my pants I have no idea but as I'm writing this, I'm thinking it's pretty funny. Did someone put these over their head? Did someone have that much of a hairy bu**, yes, it's disgusting but rather funny now.

So you can tell me your items are winners, nothing wrong with them etc. I will never and I mean never buy another as is again.

This has me laughing out loud. Just struck me as hilarious.

Anyhow, I order as-is all the time and I've only had an issue twice. Once with a handbag that was all marred up and once with a watch that had very obviously either been worn for the full 30 days before it was returned or it was worn all the time by a model on air to show it during presentations, because one of the holes was totally stretched out on the leather band.

Other than that, every item I've ordered appears to have been new.

Respected Contributor
On 6/4/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 6/4/2014 nantucket shore said:

This has me laughing out loud. Just struck me as hilarious.

Anyhow, I order as-is all the time and I've only had an issue twice. Once with a handbag that was all marred up and once with a watch that had very obviously either been worn for the full 30 days before it was returned or it was worn all the time by a model on air to show it during presentations, because one of the holes was totally stretched out on the leather band.

Other than that, every item I've ordered appears to have been new.

I had to get up off my chair and go take another look. Seriously, lots of hair. Unreal.

I wouldn't even think about trying these on but they look pretty big and I even ordered a size down.

I think I'll throw them in the washer tonight, I still can't believe what I'm seeing.

It's not like "cut" hair but strands of hair and a lot of it. They were definitely repackaged because it had a white maybe 4 x 6 white printed sheet that states this item my be a customer return etc.

I needed a good laugh today.

Between getting a too many returns letter in June for a surplus amount of returns last summer and a pair of crops full of hair, I think I should call it "quits" for awhile.

Super Contributor

Wow. That's amazing.

I have had pretty good luck, with As Is clothing items. I have mostly purchased bottoms, and have only returned 1 or 2, that I remember. They were pants that had obviously been washed and shrunk (they smelled like Downy!) and were clearly returns. But then I also got a few pairs of pants that looked very new and didn't even look like they'd been tried on.

Sometimes I will take a chance on As Is clothing if there is a TSV that I am SORT of interested in, but won't pay the TSV or the regular Q price. I just wait a few weeks and keep looking to see if any pop up in the system.

I have also ordered some AS IS handbags, and some jewelry items. No problems except with one bag, that I can remember. It had a big scratch on it, so I returned it. One bag I got, had like a black grease mark on it, and I just cleaned it off and it was fine.

You are getting a price cut, so to me, unless there is some obvious defect or something you can't remedy yourself by cleaning etc. you should return it.

I am not sure I could keep something with hair on it, that might gross me out. It may be that one of the models wore the garment during a TSV presentation and they had a wig or something on and some of the hair came off on the pants. I think some of the As Is clothing they send out is worn by some of the models especially when there is a TSV and they have so many models in so many sizes all through the day for the presentations.

Honored Contributor

I've had great luck with "as is" except for purses. I'll never buy an "as is" purse again. They look like the ones that Lisa and the other hosts throw on the floor when a color sells out. They look marred and marked and used.

A pair of shoes once looked a bit "off", but they were not bad. The rest of my "as is" purchases--albeit not many-have been perfect.

sorry you had the problem though. That stinks.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

It sounds gross, but that's the chance you take with an As Is item. See what they look like after you wash them. If the pants are hairless (LOL) then I'd at least try them on, as they might be a perfect fit. Wash them as many times as you need to, but once they're clean, it may not bother you as much to remember how they arrived.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

OMG. I can't believe QVC would even re-sell something in that condition. Don't they have an outlet store they could send these things to as opposed to selling them AS IS online.

Frequent Contributor
On 6/4/2014 Topaz Gem said:

It sounds gross, but that's the chance you take with an As Is item. See what they look like after you wash them. If the pants are hairless (LOL) then I'd at least try them on, as they might be a perfect fit. Wash them as many times as you need to, but once they're clean, it may not bother you as much to remember how they arrived.

I have bought NEW items that were (used).As for AS IS, I have better luck with those items being new. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}