Honored Contributor

Re: Are you getting tired of these

I think they'll be fading away when the weather gets warmer. Spring and summer months they'll be gone and probably out of the fashion mainstream by then. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy and wear what I don't like so no!!  There is so much variety out there in fashion that there is something for everyone.  It's not all about me so why would I want anything I don't like to go away!!??  We have choices and not everyone likes each and everyone's individual choices in clothing.  

If it were up to me I would say add boring conservative clothing, wide leg pants, scarves, boxy tops, expensive handbags and no one would have  choice except for denim and more denim - but then why would I want everyone to dress like me!  

Honored Contributor

If we got rid of everything people didn't like, there wouldn't be anything left to wear.

Not everything interests me or flatters me, I just pass it up.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any of the above mentioned items as I don't care for them. I'm guessing some people do, so more for them to buy. As for being tired of them, I just quit watching the programming. Not sure if this was QVC's intention, but that is the result, for me.
"To each their own, in all things".
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully we will see less of the bell sleeves and cold shoulder tops.  I have a couple, but enough is enough.

Trusted Contributor

Never got into them.  Or those silly above ankle pants. 

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose  I purchased a black bell sleeve sweater last year.  What a mistake.  I wore for Thanksgiving and almost got it stuck in the gravy.  Thank goodness I only paid $20.  Yes, it was a cheapy from Target.  Never wore it again.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Yes along with cold shoulder, shark bite hems, longer in the back hems, space dyed fabrics & slub fabrics (cheap looking big box store), multiple layered looks (TOO expensive) expensive shoes & handbags. That's my list. BUT everyone is different and that's what makes the world go round. When these items come up I change chanels or tun off the TV. In the long run it can save me money. If I'm not watching I'm not buying!!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the bell sleeves, I have bought a few tops with them.  What I don't like are basic essentials with bell sleeves, like Mizrahi's cotton knit.  That kind of top I expectt to have around for several years.  Never did buy one cold shoulder top. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi!  I’m over most of these trends but ordered a Linea whisper knit sweater with bell sleeves and pearl embellishments on the sleeve.  I wore it tonight in the lilac mist with grey pearls with my Lysse leggings in gray an C Wonder grey boots and, I think, it looks great for a 63 year old.  I’m not so much into trends but was glad I hit two with this sweater which is very well made.  Just ordered the black sweater tonight.

4338235F-9FA3-49A3-B565-5EE8761E3F10.jpeg