Super Contributor

Are new orders supposed to be new?

I ordered a top and it clearly had been worn before. It ranked with some horrible perfume around neck! Shouldn't that be an 'as is' item/return? TIA!Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Are new orders supposed to be new?

Call CS and say the top is defective because it is soiled. Ask for a free return label.

Order the top as an exchange. I'm sure your next one will be fine.

And yes, they send out "as new" items that have been returned. CS will argue with you if you claim this. Stick to "soiled".

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

That sounds just like something that would

happen in a department store..and QVC just LOVES

to say how much better shopping with them is.

GMAB.

Honored Contributor

Your item should be in pristine condition when you get it. I would call CS and tell them your story and ask them to email you a return sticker for free. As much as we pay for S&H we should expect no less than new when we open the package. I buy a ton off stuff from the Q and have never had a problem with something that was repackaged properly, like a handbag. I don't doubt that people buy fashions and wear them for a month and then return them.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies!! I know I have heard hosts say over and over that they send out brand new items only, so yes I will definitely be calling CS! Smile

Contributor

On 6/22/2014 palmajo said:

Thanks everyone for your replies!! I know I have heard hosts say over and over that they send out brand new items only, so yes I will definitely be calling CS! Smile

Please let us know what they said. I'm frankly shocked they would try to pull this, and I would be livid if this happened to me.

Super Contributor

Just had this discussion on a handbag thread and a surprising number of posters were ok with receiving a customer return. Anyway, this thread gives me a chuckle, because just an hour ago during the Quaker Factory show Angel said that even though it was all on clearance, it was going to be new, not like something from a B & M store that had lipstick on the collar. Yeah right.