Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone notice strong odor of dye from Logo Layer pieces?

Yes, A254104. Ordered in 2 colors and the chemical odor was awful. It took 3 washings, all with double rinses to get the odor out and they are fragrant-free now. I found out the fabric was durable with all that laundering. I would have sent them back if they still smelled after that third wash. Have not had this with any other Logo.
Trusted Contributor

I think the odor often comes from the combination of the fabric being encased in the plastic wrapping - the fabric can't breathe. Add to the fact that some of these "fabrics" are made of mystery yarns, odors aren't that unusual.
Super Contributor

You are smelling Formalehyde ... always wash prior to wearing.

(Info below from: http://www.naturalnews.com/037038_new_clothes_toxic_chemicals_washing.html# )

What's in your new brand name clothing?

After clothes are made, they are often covered with formaldehyde to keep them from wrinkling or becoming mildewed during shipping. Several severe allergic reactions to formaldehyde have been reported. It's no wonder. Investigations have discovered up to 500 times the safe level of formaldehyde in clothing shipped to brand name clothiers from factories in China and Southeast Asia.

Another commonly used clothing chemical is nonylphenol ehtoxylate (NPE). NPE use is restricted in most regions where the big name brand clothes are sold. But there are no restrictions where the clothing factories are located in China and Southeast Asia. 14 big name brands get their clothing from clothing factories using NPE.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/20/2014 SeaWinds said:

You are smelling Formalehyde ... always wash prior to wearing.

(Info below from: http://www.naturalnews.com/037038_new_clothes_toxic_chemicals_washing.html# )

What's in your new brand name clothing?

After clothes are made, they are often covered with formaldehyde to keep them from wrinkling or becoming mildewed during shipping. Several severe allergic reactions to formaldehyde have been reported. It's no wonder. Investigations have discovered up to 500 times the safe level of formaldehyde in clothing shipped to brand name clothiers from factories in China and Southeast Asia.

Another commonly used clothing chemical is nonylphenol ehtoxylate (NPE). NPE use is restricted in most regions where the big name brand clothes are sold. But there are no restrictions where the clothing factories are located in China and Southeast Asia. 14 big name brands get their clothing from clothing factories using NPE.

Non-stick cookware is another area of concern where toxic chemicals are involved.
Respected Contributor

I am very sensitive to scents and smells. (unfortunately)

I have somewhere between 10-15 LOGO pieces (but only 2 in black) and I have never had a problem with a smell or odor.

Sorry maybe they changed dyes?