Honored Contributor

Re: Any LL Bean fans out there?

@Mz iMac wrote:

YUP!  I live up the road from the store.

How fun!

I will be in Boston at the end of June-early July and we are going to visit Freeport.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I am a fan. Funny thing, I bought my son insulated duck boots when he started college and my 16 year old grandson asked for some last year as a Christmas present. They were on back order due to popularity. Just goes to show that classic quality does not go out of style. I love cotton items, so don't have a bunch of the logo and spandex stuff either.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Valued Contributor

LOVE the LLBean pima cotton tees - so soft and comfortable - adore they come in petites. Yes they wear like iron.  This past year I've lost a lot of weight and I had to donate 17 of my beloved tees.  In process of replacing but sadly they no longer carry some of the colors I had collected.

Esteemed Contributor

Dperry, enjoy your LL Bean attire.  I wouldn't take offense to anything written or stated by a so called style guru.  It is the job of those people to encourage women to buy extremely trendy clothing, which is out of style before you can store it away for wearing next year, by classifying everything else as unfashionable.   

Honored Contributor

I bought the duck boots a few months ago.  I was on waitlist and just received them a few weeks ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I am a fan. Funny thing, I bought my son insulated duck boots when he started college and my 16 year old grandson asked for some last year as a Christmas present. They were on back order due to popularity. Just goes to show that classic quality does not go out of style. I love cotton items, so don't have a bunch of the logo and spandex stuff either.

I had to wait several months for them.

I do dress more trendy, but I like a few LL Bean items. Quality--absolutely!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover - I'd love to know which "style guru" said that about LL Bean's clothes.  Probably one who dresses people in things that look like a hot mess and calls it "fashionable".

I have a closet full of Bean's clothes and I love them.  I like classic, not trendy.  And I couldn't care less what some "style guru" says!

LL Bean is one of the few companies that stands behind its iron-clad guarantee - and I know that from personal experience.

(And I doubt LL Bean is worried about what that style guru said either.)

Honored Contributor

Their flannel sheets are nice. That's the limit of my experience with them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Their flannel sheets are nice. That's the limit of my experience with them. 

I love their flannel sheets.  I leave them on all year round and they have yet to show any wear.  I have one set that I wash and put right back on my bed. They are so comfy.

Respected Contributor

In addition to always having free shipping, their customer service always comes in as one of the best.