Trusted Contributor

Hello. I was purging tops in my closet that don't fit or look worn anymore and I saw that the ones I don't put into the donate bag are my LL Bean clothes. They are made so well and last forever and the styles are really classic. 

I recently bought a new maxi dress and summer cardigan pointelle sweater (in white) from them and they are just great. I really love this brand. So classic.

I saw an article from some style guru who said, "LL Bean is not fashion--they are just clothes you put on your body so you don't walk around naked." I though that that was really mean. Some of us have our own style and we don't like trendy fashions that come and go in a minute and clog our garbage dumps for an eternity. Any LL Bean wearers out there?

Honored Contributor

Re: Any LL Bean fans out there?

Yep, one here.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've shopped LLBean for years!  In fact, just got a swimwuit from them - went by measurement and reviews, but was still "nervous"; it fit perfectly!  Love the free shipping and coupons, too!

Valued Contributor

I am one! They have quality garments you can count on, especially for the staples such as jeans, pants coats etc. And they don't have all this spandex nonsense except in certain things. Spandex is hot. I live in WI and it's really humid here in the summer.

Respected Contributor

I love, love, love LLB.  Yes, it is basic clothes but I'm a basic person.  No LOGO for me.  

Honored Contributor

Classic dressing will always be in style, just my opinion.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

YUP!  I live up the road from the store.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Me, me, me.....I am a fan.  Their clothing lasts for years and is always made well and looks nice.

I own a LL Bean  jacket made for the bitter cold.  I only wear it a few times a year because it's heavy duty warm.  After about 5 years, the lining developed some fraying.  I had only worn the jacket about 30 times, so I called their CS Dept to ask about a solution.

CS told me to send it back and they would send me a new one.  The rep said people had sent back items that were 20 years old and they replaced them for free,  I was surprised.  She said if the customer felt the item did not meet their expectations, they would replace it no questions asked and no time period was too long.

Now that is true Customer Service.  I got a new jacket and it's still going strong.

Respected Contributor

I actually have not bought from them in awhile now. But, everything I ever did get from them held up well and I still have a couple of shirts and jackets from them, and, their duffle bags and backpacks are great - they wear like iron! My husband and I also have a couple pairs of their hiking boots and they just keep going and going it seems - they withstand even the toughest trails, ha - better than me I would say sometimes...  😉. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Yes- I have their CC, so I have a few "perks."

I just found my Holy Grail of pants there, and I bought two pairs on "sale."  Today, they happened to be the two a day deal, so I chatted at 6 a.m. with CS and got a $20 credit for the pants I bought last week.  Some of their things are not my taste, but overall I'm satisfied with what I get from them.  They do not seem to do as many petites as Land's End does, but their clothes are made better, and I like the Signature line too for "trendy" items.  I live in their tanks during the summer and during the rest of the year I wear them as layering pieces.