Trusted Contributor

was talking about brands from the past and Alfred Dunner was mentioned...does anybody know if that was just the name of the brand or an actual designer?

Respected Contributor

I think it is a brand that targets mature women. My mother wore a lot of Alfred Dunner. The company was family owned, but I do not know who does the designing.

Honored Contributor

"Alfred Dunner Inc. is a company based on two key pillars: heart and soul, both of which are embedded in the clothing we create and the culture we live and breathe. We’re a family-owned and operated business that is driven by an entrepreneurial sensibility—living by our ‘handshake’ approach as well as our word…and never compromising on either. In essence, we care. We care about delivering superior sportswear; we care about the quality and construction of our garments; we care about the needs and wants of our loyal customers and we care about delivering fashion forward designs that are ever-lasting and style-conscious. We’re rooted in family values and loyal ethics—which have led to our family-like reputation in the world of fashion and design."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Blair carries Alfred Dunner apparal.   One of my friends wears Dunner.

Honored Contributor

There's a website, @alohakz.  

Respected Contributor

Macys carries Alfred Dunner.

Trusted Contributor

Mom used to wear Alfred Dunner slacks and tops. 
We purchased them at Melvyn's and Gotchalks, both out of business.

I was in Macy's last week and they had a few pieces.

Valued Contributor

Re: Alfred Dunner???

[ Edited ]

Belk's also carries Alfred Dunner, both in their stores and on-line. The quality of their clothing has always been quite good. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had a friend that wore this brand years ago and they were very matronly and inexpensive material.  Can't say what their clothes are like now.

Honored Contributor

Boscov's carries Alfred Dunner,

Wednesday Word Vector Images (over 620)