Honored Contributor

Re: Advance Orders for Two or Three Months Away? Explain This....

I wouldn't order clothing on advance delivery. I guess it takes time to get them made and shipped from China, which is where most of SG and most other designers clothes come from.

Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 kachina624 said:
On 7/27/2014 echoscream said:

My personal thoughts about ANY Advance Orders, is that QVC doesn't have to pre-stock or order things into inventory and maybe not sell them all - and maybe have to discount them with clearance, later, if they don't sell.<br /> <br /> By selling with ADVANCE orders - they can ORDER only what people want or order. They don't have to worry about getting rid of unwanted merchandise. I can easily see this happening more and more. I can remember a time, when they didn't permit this type of sale.<br /> <br /> If they are ADVANCE selling clothing - then that must mean, the manufacturer can guarantee it will be made by that date - just like some of the Jewelry coming from Italy in the Bronze format.

I suspect this could also be a test - to see how the customers react. If customers are Advance ordering jewelry items, maybe they will wait for clothing items too? Personally I'm not keen with the idea.

My explanation is much simpler....they have a cash flow problem. I bet half the orders are canceled before the ship date. People want instant gratification; I know I don't want to wait.

Cash flow - exactly.

Super Contributor

They never used to do this type of sale.

In fact, years ago they TOUTED the fact that whatever you saw on air and placed an order for you would get in 7-10 days, no exceptions. There were VERY few backorders back then as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe the OP is mistaken. I've never seen SG clothing sold in an advance order. I asked for this info and the OP did not respond.
Respected Contributor

I have waited 10 days so far some self tanning lotion. Stuck some place from there to my house. Things I have to advance order I look at it and realize I'm not gonna wait any longer and cancel.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

I am on Advanced Order for the two Honora Ming bronze drop necklaces, 18" and 24". I am really glad to have them shipping in Oct because they are not available for order now. This gives me something to look forward to

Deb

Honored Contributor

They do it with jewelry, so why not do advance ordering on clothing? However, I've never seen QVC have advance ordering on clothes. So, I think I'd have to see it before I believe it.