Esteemed Contributor

Re: AM Style Chat - December 26th

LTT, my meltdown was from my DM.  DH & I went to the cheese factory for some good WI cheese & came home to a message from the Hospice nurse asking me to meet her at mom's place in 15 minutes.  Didn't happen.  Then mom's care taker called & said mom wanted to talk to me. Mom had no idea what she was saying to me.  by then I was crying on the phone.  Then the social worker called to make sure that I was fine.  I went to see mom after lunch & it was non stop questions.  Did I read her will, did I go to her lock box, some guy in a yellow suit came the night before & there is nothing left in her house, etc.  I know that with kidney failure, your mind goes first, but it is so hard for me to see this happen so quickly, as her mind was so good in October. It is cold here but hopefully no snow until our DS & DDIL are back in Boston.  Right now they are freezing as they have been in the 70's.  I hope to have an easy day before seeing mom tgius afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning

@Snicks1

@gmkb

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70... I do understand and this has been my experience... the mind goes quickly as the toxins build up, etc. It is very hard to be the loved one on the receiving end of this... I am so sorry... hoping that she has a "window" open up for the afternoon today.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@gmkb

Aww gmkb, believe I believe in Heaven, can you imagine how Heaven celebrates Christmas?

When I awoke yesterday I went through my list and said, Merry Christmas to all my loved ones who have gone before.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1

I actually got into CVN a few months before the merger. I remembered it was live on Christmas. I remember one of the hosts saying that they knew that some would be alone on Christmas so the presentations that were done that day were more like "family to family," with a casual selling. Some of the hosts went with QVC; others went to HSN and some just disappeared. I still remember Steve Bryant, after the merger, talking about it taking CVN customers time to make the transfer to QVC. I was one of those as it took time for me to order, but once I started......I consider QVC much more "hard sell" than it was in the beginning.

MidnightMay2011.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for your loss, but yes the grandchildren are so much fun.  We have 2_DGS 12_& 14 & our DGD is 10.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

I didn't discover the shopping channel experience until end of 2007, beginning of 2008 (recovering from surgery).  I think the channels were available on my cable at the time, have no idea why I never watched before.

For someone who came to the Q a little late to the party - it didn't take me long to realize I arrived at the end of the good times ;-).  

Honored Contributor

I really don't remember when I started watching the Q, somewhere around 1990, give or take a couple years either direction. I know I watched for a while before I ever ordered. It WAS better back then, than now.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

A day at home alone is sometimes fun for me. I get more things done around the house.  Have fun tomnoirriw with your friends.

Honored Contributor

I remember watching for a little while, thinking, are they for real?  My first purchase was jewelry from Joe Esposito.  I think Jane Treacy was the host.