Esteemed Contributor

Re: $59 for SG Lace hem tunic w/capsleeves?

I think her prices for polyester are very high. 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes Evidently the price was right for many. You stated a color sold out. Many on these boards are complaining of QVC prices. It's Economics 101.  It's well known prices are set by supply and demand. 

This basically means the "customer" sets the price. If QVC continues selling items at what some consider "ridiculous" pricing, they don't care. Companies determine whether they want to sell 1,000 items @ $50, 1,200 items @ $40, or say 1,500 items @ $30. It's obvious QVC seems to go for the higher prices, less items.

I have a very cute boutique near me. Super cute, original items. But wow, their prices have skyrocketed as well. Of course they do not sell near the volume of items that QVC sells, so their tops START at $100. I use to shop there frequently but a basic T with maybe a little lace trim costs $125 so I haven't done much shopping there. 

If enough people do not purchase these high priced items, QVC will have to reduce the price and change strategies. If items continue to sell, we cannot get the bargains we feel we use to get, at least not on the Q.

Valued Contributor

Comparable items in regular stores usually with a sale going on

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only way Q lowers prices is when things don't sell at the high price or when stock remaind in broken sizing. As long as shoppers are willing to pay, the price will be high. Just about everything I liked but put off buying because the price was too high for me has come down in price. 

When prices are really good for very popular styles they fly out, as did the Denim % Co Beach Pants TSV last week. Price was great, $38. Almost 90,000 pairs sold in 24 hours. 

Honored Contributor

My first thought when I saw that top…. Looks like SG is copying LOGO.