Honored Contributor

Re: "Only Secure Content if Displayed"

[ Edited ]

@Toppers3 wrote:

I saw that other thread too, where members were mentioning that they had this security message popping up.

Members were saying that they saw that notice coming up when using Internet Explorer as their browser.

When I was thinking back, I used to see security notices or warnings like that too, when I used IE.

I'm editing my post again, after doing some more checking because I didn't see the script warning message at the other side of the search bar, here in Chrome, where this website is trying to load unauthorized scripts on my computer. Sorry about that. Smiley Embarassed

When you look at the search bar, you do see "https" before the community address, and it looks like the page is secure, but when you check, Google indicates that the page is not completely secure, so it is trying to warn you like those of you who are getting the messages from Internet Explorer. 

Sorry again for any confusion in my post. Smiley Embarassed

That's the thing about using different browsers. Messages will show up differently in each one. Smiley Frustrated

I would still try using a different browser though, and see what happens--what kind of message you might get, and what kind of pop-up you might get.

I'm not getting any pop-ups in Chrome, but like I said below, I also use an Ad blocker, too. That helps to take care of pop-ups. 

I edited my post previously to add that I would suggest that if someone is having this problem with Internet Explorer, that they just try using another/different browser, and see if that changes anything for them. 

I also use an ad blocker, so I don't know if that makes a difference either regarding what I'm not experiencing, and my Chromebook has a built-in antivirus and anti-spyware program, too, so I don't have to worry about choosing those types of programs, since they're built-in to the Chromebook's features. 

@Toppers3,  I think you're probably seeing so much variation not only for the reasons you mention but also because the software here is being recoded frequently.    That's one reason we have to keep deleting browser cookies/cache/website data.   A couple of weeks ago, when our sign-ins began going to our order history, we saw a major shift from the old platform -- which originally held the Community Forum separate from the shopping website and, thus, required different levels of security for each one.   

In the past, the mixed content on both sites was coded properly and as a result IE didn't send the alarm.    It appears to me in the process of merging the blogs/forums site with the shopping site the IT staff failed to update the way each browser interacts with their code, and now we cannot be assured our activity or data here is secure.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Only Secure Content if Displayed"

@dooBdoo, I bow to your expertise. People using every type and combination of browser, security system, and device come and go on the forums all day and interact with this website in whatever state it's in at the moment. . .which is often glitchy at best.