Esteemed Contributor

Re: kindle fire internet help needed

On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:
On 3/29/2015 Angry Bird said:

As I stated in original post....I am not able to get internet...Can someone give me the phone # to Amazon...Again, thank you...

If you cannot get on the Internet to search for the Amazon phone number how are you posting on this forum?

That's my question too!

Esteemed Contributor

This is a link to a Kindle help page. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=200127470

This site should have startup videos.

Respected Contributor

On 3/30/2015 NYC Susan said:
On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

As I stated in original post....I am not able to get internet...Can someone give me the phone # to Amazon...Again, thank you...

If you cannot get on the Internet to search for the Amazon phone number how are you posting on this forum?

That's my question too!

Most people have more than one device.

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 glb613 said:
On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

That's my question too!

Way more than one device in many cases. Computers, cell phones, video game consoles, e-readers, televisions and some blu-ray players now even include full Internet browsers. It's not hard to get on the Internet these days.

Back to the original problem, I'd first recommend completely shutting down the tablet and then rebooting it and trying again. That might be all it takes to solve the issue. This sounds more like a software issue than anything to me and buggy software gets fixed by rebooting. If that doesn't work then double check to be sure you're following the correct procedure. Once you've entered the password be sure you hit the "enter" key on the pop-up keyboard so that the keyboard goes away. The tablet may be waiting for you to do that before it enables the "connect" button. Also check to be sure you're entering the password correctly. If none of that works, then call Amazon and they'll help you out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

That's my question too!

Yes, I realize that. But here's what she wrote:

Why couldn't she get it herself on whatever device she was using to post here?

Not a big deal - I just think a few of us are curious.

Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

That's my question too!

How long have you been posting on this board? Most people could find the answers to their questions doing a Google search but come here instead. I've done a Google search and still came here.

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Hope OP got up and running by now.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

That's my question too!

How long have you been posting on this board? Most people could find the answers to their questions doing a Google search but come here instead. I've done a Google search and still came here.

It doesn't sound like that kind of situation at all. It sounds as though she's saying she needs help getting the phone number because she has no internet. In fact, that's exactly what she said in response to someone's advice that she call Amazon - She can't call them because she doesn't have internet and can't get the number.

I'm not the only person questioning this. And - as I said - it's not a big deal. Just curiosity.

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

That's my question too!

It doesn't sound like that kind of situation at all. It sounds as though she's saying she needs help getting the phone number because she has no internet. In fact, that's exactly what she said in response to someone's advice that she call Amazon - She can't call them because she doesn't have internet and can't get the number.

I'm not the only person questioning this. And - as I said - it's not a big deal. Just curiosity.

I agree, and that is how I read the OP response also. But now that I think about it, I think OP thinks that she needs to be using the kindle to locate Amazon contact info or contact them. Since no internet, obviously not using, and thus unable to locate info or comtact them. I guess? Just trying to make sense out of it.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/30/2015 Lynnj said:
On 3/29/2015 Cha1k said:

That's my question too!

I agree, and that is how I read the OP response also. But now that I think about it, I think OP thinks that she needs to be using the kindle to locate Amazon contact info or contact them. Since no internet, obviously not using, and thus unable to locate info or comtact them. I guess? Just trying to make sense out of it.

I think you could be right.