Contributor

Wireless Internet connection for Direct TV..Great with iPad.

We have DirecTV and although I hate the monthly fees, it works better than Cable in our area so we have decided to keep it.

I recently got the DirecTV Wireless Cinema connection kit to hook up to my secure internet connection so I could view my channels on my iPad with the DirecTV app..It works great and so easy to connect. It is 80$ but when I called to inquire they sent it to me for FREE and no monthly charge.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have a 2 story home and hooked it up to my upstairs bedroom HD/DVR. I can walk downstairs and outside and it works perfectly. I am not sure how often I will use it but it is nice to have. I have not upgraded my DirecTV system so it only works off this 1 DVR at this time but that is OK with me for now.

They have another piece of add on equipment called the Nomad which allows you to watch anything recorded on your DVR on you iPad without an Internet connection..Would be nice for traveling but it is not compatible with the iPad at this date but is coming soon..It is also coming soon for android devices. It will work with the iPhone, Mac,and PC at this time. The Charge for that is 149$ but when the time comes I will see what they will do..don't believe I would get this if I had to pay for it.

Just wanted to post this for those of you that still have DirecTV and would be interested in this for your iPad.

I think all the new systems come with the Internet connection thrown in and it is a Whole Home-DVR service where you can watch recorded programs in any room..Mine is the old system and I can not do that. I would update but really don't want to make another 2 year commitment to Direct TV as their costs keep rising. My old system still works great.