Super Contributor

Transferring IPad Account Ownership

I bought a new iPad Generation 10 2022 today for the husband. He never saves passwords, so right way was problem. By chance the new IPad picked up his IPod info and offered to transfer by lining up a picture. Password again an issue , long story, I got his password reset,  but his new iPad has me as owner. My IPad and Iphone were nearby. It did not transfer my apps, as I had requested not to.  I Googled how to transfer ownership, but involved wiping everything out, which doesn't sound too safe. I have apt with Best Buy  Sunday for another issue, so will see them if I can't fix. I bought it at Target. Has anyone transferred an IPad account successfully?  Thank you for any advice. Susi.

Honored Contributor

Re: Transferring IPad Account Ownership

Call Apple their techs are amazing

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you sure you need to transfer ownership?  My husband's phone is in my name since I ordered it but we have one Verizon account with 3 devices, so it doesn't matter to us.  If you're using 2 different providers or each paying for your own devices I guess it would matter.  

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Call Apple their techs are amazing

Definitely call Apple Support. They will walk you through the process step-by-step.

Super Contributor

Thank you all, will try support tomorrow. Apple support was nice today about a different problem, they are just hard to get in touch with. I haven't even registered the device, or set up WiFi , it just grabbed data from my devices. It would be nice to transfer all his things from his IPod. If not , I am sure Grek Squad at BB will do it for a fee . Worth it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first choice would be getting help from Apple support. But this may help: REMOVAL OF LINK

Super Contributor

Thank you all , success! I called Apple, and was no waiting, not hard to contact at all.  Has been a long time since I last contacted. Anyway tech was very good,  she spent a lot of time , and now all is well! Appreciate everyone taking time to respond. I bet all stressed out on phone with techs , so try to avoid if fix is easy...Susi

Trusted Contributor

@Susic 

I'm so glad you have everything solved. Apple Help has always been helpful.

Also, thank you for posting.

I need to transfer ownership of my dear sister's iPads and her iPhone to me.