Contributor

Tracfone website now requires Chrome

I posted a few days ago about not being able to purchase add ons like I have for years..

Tonight I searched "tracfone alert undefined" and saw a reference to the same issue being solved by using Chrome. I was just able to add data to my mon's phone.

So it seems Firefox is no longer is functional for purchasing plans or add ons

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Website

[ Edited ]

I just use the Silk browser that came in my Amazon tablet. I've never had to switch from browser to browser as some people do.

While the TracFone website isn't picky about the browser I use, I've noticed it is picky about whether I'm in desktop view or mobile view when I'm making a purchase.

I can use either view all over the TracFone website except at the purchase checkout where, it gets balky if I'm on the full view setting. But one tap of the finger and I switch from full to mobile, and proceed with checkout.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone website now requires Chrome

I do not need Chrome to add data.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@leigh 

Don't like that you are having these problems. Been with Tracfone since they were first sold on HSN, whatever year that might have been.

My cell use is only for emergency calls, or calling my wife, such as when I was in the ER after ice skating, and would not be coming home for a few days.

As for texting? That would be zero. Data, always connected to a wifi, the few times I use it. Would be unusual for me to use over 25-30 minutes of the 1500 in a year.

So I wait till my expiration date gets close and buy a new phone. For me that is always the cheapest and easiest route. My present phone is the Samsung Ao2s, which was delivered for $59.99. That comes out to a few pennies under $5 per month.

I do use Chrome on my tablet, but Firefox on my regular computer. I am sure your post about you needing to use Chrome will help others should they run into this same problem. 

Nice of you and others to figure out this problem.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

When my 12 months expired I always opt for

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Google will soon rule the universe.  If you don't believe me, try forgetting your password.  Took me 2 months and endless hours to untangle that mess and there's absolutely no living person to help you.  It seems to be somehow tied to every business and commercial account you contact.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Google will soon rule the universe.  If you don't believe me, try forgetting your password.  Took me 2 months and endless hours to untangle that mess and there's absolutely no living person to help you.  It seems to be somehow tied to every business and commercial account you contact.

@Kachina624 

I believe it.  They recently have been wanting me to sign in just to do a search.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

And my place of employment for 33 years, it was split up into 3 companies. This was because 1 Federal judge said it was a monopoly. That was in 1984, and thousands of workers either lost their jobs, or had to take lower paying jobs. I just happened to be 1 of them.

Retired a pay grade level than when I was hired. Now?  Crickets.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I do not need Chrome to add data.

What browser are you using?

Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I just use the Silk browser that came in my Amazon tablet. I've never had to switch from browser to browser as some people do.

While the TracFone website isn't picky about the browser I use, I've noticed it is picky about whether I'm in desktop view or mobile view when I'm making a purchase.

I can use either view all over the TracFone website except at the purchase checkout where, it gets balky if I'm on the full view setting. But one tap of the finger and I switch from full to mobile, and proceed with checkout.

Has it always been like this?

Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@leigh 

Don't like that you are having these problems. Been with Tracfone since they were first sold on HSN, whatever year that might have been.

My cell use is only for emergency calls, or calling my wife, such as when I was in the ER after ice skating, and would not be coming home for a few days.

As for texting? That would be zero. Data, always connected to a wifi, the few times I use it. Would be unusual for me to use over 25-30 minutes of the 1500 in a year.

So I wait till my expiration date gets close and buy a new phone. For me that is always the cheapest and easiest route. My present phone is the Samsung Ao2s, which was delivered for $59.99. That comes out to a few pennies under $5 per month.

I do use Chrome on my tablet, but Firefox on my regular computer. I am sure your post about you needing to use Chrome will help others should they run into this same problem. 

Nice of you and others to figure out this problem.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

When my 12 months expired I always opt for

After amassing a ridiculous collection of phones and minutes/texts/data I started getting the whole package every other year to be able to upgrade and alternating with the one year extension. You must have loads of minutes and texts, too. I wish we could transfer them.