Respected Contributor

Signing up with AT&T at Sam's Club?

I always avoid the reps in Walmart or Sams (SInce my Direct TV debacle.) but this girl was very persistant.

I have Verizon, 5 phones on my plan.

I pay $175 a month, with my husband's UPS discount.

She signed me up for this deal-5 new phones (4 Samsung S22s & an A13 which we just use as a home phone.), unlimited data & texting, 5G, each phone has a 15 GB hotspot.

The phones are free after we send in our old phones as trade ins. No activation fee. The phones have already been delivered. 

We have 2 weeks to back out of the plan. 30 days to return our old phones, so we can decide about the new phone/plan before we turn them in.

She gave me a number to call for any questions.

I did have questions, but I called the regular phone number listed on the AT&T site to verify. 

It seems legitimate, but the rep today couldn't show the same montly rate that the woman yesterday quoted me, but she said that she may not have access to the plan that the Sam's Club rep had.

I didn't ask, but the rep yesterday did not specifically say that I would be under a contract, which I am, for this deal.

Anyone have any experience with this & have any thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Signing up with AT&T at Sam's Club?

@Dusty1   I know nothing about ATT, but T-Mobile is out of control with making deals and then denying those deals exist. Did you get paperwork at the store or an e-mail detailing your agreement?  

Esteemed Contributor

I was really burned by AT&T.

Make absolutely sure you get EVERYTHING in writing and counter signed.

An oral representation is only as good as the paper it is on 🤬

Honored Contributor

We were with AT&T. We had no problems. Then Verizon offered a "company discount". We were suckers and changed to Verizon for the "better deal". It wasn't.

Got rid of Verizon.