Esteemed Contributor

Re: Repeating Tracfone LG Ultimate 2 TSV on 1/28/15

On 1/28/2015 Alajane said:

I've been a T-Mobile customer for about 15 years and am in need of a new phone. Since I live in a very small town, I checked the coverage area on this phone and it says it is covered by Verizon.

Patience for a phone illiterate, please--if I purchase this phone, I won't need to get Verizon coverage, will I? I'm not a constant phone user but did get a smart phone (Samsung Galaxy 2) several years ago so I could use Square credit card processing for my small business. I do some texting and also access Facebook sometimes on my phone. I just want to make sure this one will do what I need at no additional charge.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jane

Yes it will work, no extra coverage needed. It says covered by Verizon because in your area, Tracfone leases tower from Verizon

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

On 1/27/2015 deeva said:

Thanks adelle38, I was wondering about the minutes. My current minutes expire in Sept 2015.

My LG 840G minutes expire also in Sept 2015. So does that mean if we get this phone, and transfer minutes, it will not expire until Sept. 2016?

Also, you are not obligated to transfer minutes are you? Reason I ask, I may give my older phone to a relative.

Another question for those who own the TSV: Does it do a good job sending pictures to your e-mail and how is the Internet reception/speed on the phone?

My LG 840 won't let me send pictures to my gmail account. It never works right.

Thanks!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Stargazer77 said:

Is this phone one of Tracfone's most current models?

I have the LG Optimus Dynamic 2 and while I like it very much, the internet is on the slow side. I was wondering if the TSV was any better in this area.

This is a blog with info about tracfone http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/

3G networks are not as fast as 4G LTE networks.

Super Contributor

I moved up to this phone the last time it was the tsv. I had a trac LG800g before. This phone is FANTASTIC!!!

Things that work better than previous model;

Internet is way faster.

Has 2 cameras-front & back (selfie capable!)

You can send & receive pictures via wi-fi or 3g.

You can download all the apps you like-no worry running out of space. Has a slot for a memory card also.

If you transfer your phone# from an older trac fone, they will transfer the service time you had left on your old phone and all of the minutes you had. During the activation they will also add all of the new minutes and new service time.

Enjoy!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Alajane said:

I've been a T-Mobile customer for about 15 years and am in need of a new phone. Since I live in a very small town, I checked the coverage area on this phone and it says it is covered by Verizon.

Patience for a phone illiterate, please--if I purchase this phone, I won't need to get Verizon coverage, will I? I'm not a constant phone user but did get a smart phone (Samsung Galaxy 2) several years ago so I could use Square credit card processing for my small business. I do some texting and also access Facebook sometimes on my phone. I just want to make sure this one will do what I need at no additional charge.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Jane

Customers do not get a choice of a carrier when they buy a Tracfone. This link will tell you which carrier a cell phone uses. http://www.preprepaid.com/whichtracfonecarrier.php

Cost of a data plan after 1.2 GB of data used from current allowance. http://tracfonewireless.com/plans#data

This Tracfone will not do credit card processing.

Occasional Contributor

How much do you pay for 120 minutes when you buy them?

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Niteghost said:

Here is a link to the card page on tracfone.com. Whatever you buy triples. So if you buy 120 minutes you get 360 minutes talk/360 text/360mg data

https://www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=true&app=TRACFONE&lang=en

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/28/2015 Niteghost said:

http://tracfonewireless.com/faq/?set=new#faq

Check the top of this page Airtime/Plans http://tracfonewireless.com/

Occasional Contributor

I purchased this phone in January when it was the TSV. I was really hesitate to do so because I have never had a pay as you go phone. I have always used a regular monthly bill phone with unlimited text, data etc. But I was getting tired of spending so much money so when I saw this presented on QVC I thought I would give it a try and I am so happy I did. I LOVE this phone! I really cannot say enough good things about it. I will say as others have stated read the instructions first and follow them and you will be fine. I have heard the stories about how bad their customer service is and I cannot say because I have not had to call them. I followed the instructions and did it online after I called and got my pin number. I did not have a problem and I was porting my old number from Verizon. When you go over to the website for tracfone and click activate a new phone it will ask you if you want to use your old number or get a new number. I wanted to keep my old one so once I clicked that feature it asked me for more information. You will be asked for your account number with whoever you are using so have that handy from a old bill. Then the account name it is listed under and the last four digits of your social number. Also it will ask your password to get into your account with your carrier. They need this in order to port your number over. I did this and had no problems at all. It took about a day to get it all completed. Then I called the 5 or six digit number with the star in front from my new phone and it said it was activated and ready to use.This is found on the welcome card in your box. I did check my Verizon account and it showed me the phone was not working and I tried my old phone and it would not work and that is when I activated my new phone. Like I said easy to do if you read the instructions first. It is one of the best smartphones I have had. Very easy to program which I love and features like Voice Command I did not expect. It has impressed many people including my co-workers who have the more expensive high dollar phones. They cannot believe it is a Tracfone. I am sold on this phone. I am not a heavy user so it is great for me. Although I have to admit this phone is making me want to use it more because of the features and the speed which I did not have with my old phone. Also I love when you are around Wi-Fi you are not using your data. I have it at work and home where I use it the most so I am set to go. Size is great and sound is clear and no dropped calls at all. Picks up great at home and on the road. If you are on the fence about this phone please go ahead and buy it. You will love it.

Trusted Contributor

I bought this phone last year and I must say that I like it very much. The larger screen makes all the difference.