Honored Contributor

Re: Recommended 46" or so tv?

I dont think there's a huge difference from one HDTV to another if they're calibrated similarly. I have a JVC, RCA and high end Samsung and there's really no obvious difference from one to another. They're all good and provide a great picture. They didn't all look the same right out of the box and took some tweaking of the settings to optimize them, but there is little to no difference in picture quality between all three sets.

Modern HDTV's are largely made like desktop computers with components mixed and matched from various suppliers. You may find a Samsung screen with a Sony motherboard, and Asus power supply all being sold under a different brand name. I don't think you'll find one brand that's vastly superior, simply because everyone uses the same suppliers and components.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Recommended 46" or so tv?

[ Edited ]

Love our 2 new Samsung TV's we purchased at Wal-Mart. They are new and one of the newer models not older ones. They hook up so quickly and to the internet as well. We have a 46" in our bedroom and a 42" in our living room. The screen is crystal clear and the colors are suburb. I had a LG  TV before that and we put that in the 2nd bedroom for company. The prices are great right now and Wal-Mart is local so if any problems you can bring it back. Would buy Samsung again. I used to work at a Wal-Mart when they first came to our area at the Returns desk. I still know people there in the electronics and they got less returns-if any- on the Samsung. They owned them and so did the Manager-which is a relative of ours and truthful.

Happy shopping.