Esteemed Contributor

Question about a chrome laptop

Seems they changed or I did something wrong. I don't have emails sent to me. There is something on and I don't get it. I don't know much about computers and hardly go to very many places o

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about a chrome laptop

?? i have a chrome notebook and i have always got my emails. can you go into more detail? within the next few months i need to get another notebook.. but i love my chrome notebook..

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

Back some time ago, some of your navigation problems were coming from trying to balance the laptop on your lap, and tilting the computer when you move, which was causing you to lose your place, and then not be able to get back to the page you were looking at.  

Even tho I have used a computer for many years, I do not like to work on a laptop computer, and refuse to buy one.  I sometimes click on the wrong things when I use one, and even tho I know my way around, it is a pain.   I love my iPad, and use it to read the local paper, check obituaries, shop, and also check my emails.   If you don’t send or receive emails, or do online banking, I think your computer is way more than you need for just a way to connect to the internet.   

An iPad can be set up for just what you want to look at.   With an iPad, you use your index finger to click and open things you want to look at, and when you need to type, the keyboard comes up onscreen so you can type words.   I like it so much better than my desktop computer, and would choose another iPad any day over a laptop!

Talk to Bob about making internet access easier for you with an iPad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint1 wrote:

Seems they changed or I did something wrong. I don't have emails sent to me. There is something on and I don't get it. I don't know much about computers and hardly go to very many places o

@halfpint1  is the email program you use on your Chrome laptop called GMAIL? To fix the problem we need to know the name of the email program you use. Do you use an email that you open when pressing on a big M?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  •  
  • DO you open your email by pressing on a big M on your screen?
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • CA3E6122-A758-4284-886C-83FD324971EF.jpegF77B884E-91F8-4160-BC9F-DE449AAFC60D.jpeg67CA11A4-24D1-45B1-BABC-D7CD6AA4D140.png
Honored Contributor

Is your Chromebook laptop five or six years old?