Honored Contributor

Bose Headphones vs Apple Air Pods -

[ Edited ]

I walk and use the wired earbuds which came with my phone.  

I saw the Bose TSV headphones and was considering them.  Although not sure if I want this type of headphone as I'm sure they're heavier (and hotter) than earbuds.  Price is factor too.

I have $50 gift card to Apple and was considering using on air pods which would considerably offset the cost.

For those knowledgeable on electronics or own (I'm not)-- is the Bose or Apple the better product?  Name doesn't always mean they're better.

(I have Bose stereo system in both bedroom & family room -- love the sound & mine has the 4 disc changer)

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bose Headphones vs Apple Air Pods -

@homedecor1 

My opinion...Apple AirPods ALL THE WAY! My husband & I just both bought a pair each & we are long-time Bose users.

The AirPods have a long battery life & automatically sync with our iPhone &  iPad Pro.  In fact, I'm in conference calls, sometimes back-to-back all day long and my AirPods far outlast my earpiece I use for my online meetings.  They fit comfortably & I almost forget they are in my ears.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

@homedecor1   I would have to say you can't go wrong either way here, but if you are used to the earbuds you will probably love the airpods and you will have less bulk than with the headphones.  As @SurferWife said, they are a wonderful product.  Plus, so nice that you have that gift card!

Having said that, the Bose headphones are the best I have ever owned.  They are light weight, comfortable and the sound is amazing! I typically use them around the house - watching YouTube or QVC videos lol.   I just wish I had only paid $99 for mine!  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Techmeout has a nice YouTube video where she talks about  differences between the Air Pods 2 generation and the new Air Pod Pros. 

Amazon has a very good comparison chart. 

You can buy at Apple!

Apple does have an official store on Amazon. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 , it is personal preference for sure.  I would choose Bose over Apple.  I love the sound of Bose.  I have many Bose products...sport earphones, over the ear headphones which I love, Bluetooth speaker, wave radio  and solo sound system for the TV.

I also have Beats headphones and I think Bose sounds much better.  I thought about the Apple air pods but decided against them as I walk outside a lot and it snows here.  I was too afraid to lose them.

Sony makes a good earphone that I prefer over Beats as well.

Nothing like a live test.  @Nuttmeg has good advice.  Read the comparison. 

Whatever you choose, enjoy!  LM

Honored Contributor

TY everyone for the replies.

Oh as LUCK would have it ... my GD accidentally told me she knew what I was getting from the kids...and then said "grandmom we went to Apple store and you're gonna love your new earphones!"  

so, guess they made the decision!

Thanks again!!! Merry Christmas...