Contributor

Re: Question About TWC And Phone Service

Stray770, you should check her bill to see what "extras" Verizon has on her bill. I've had Verizon for years and my bill was $90 per month, but I had two seperate phone llines!! Two seperate phone numbers coming into my home. When I cancelled one of the numbers (three years ago), my phone bill was reduced to $45 per month which it is still today.

They might have her signed up for a bunch of useless phone extras that really add up!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Europeana, I will have their families check
Honored Contributor

On 3/19/2015 redtabby said:

My mother has the TWC phone service and has had minimal problems. She also has an ATT pay as you go cell phone that costs her $100 year as she rarely uses it. The mobile phone is a good backup in case the cable would go out. If your mom has a cell phone that she can use if the cable goes out switching to TWC would work for her, too.

I agree with you - the AT&T Go Phone (pay as you go) for $100 per year is a great deal for people who want a cell phone but use it rarely.

Trusted Contributor

We have the TWC bundle and yes, the phone goes out if the cable is out...but..we have cellphones for back up and a hot spot.

The only reason we have our landline is because of the alarm system.

New Contributor

I have had time warner phone for over a year. I love it. I like when the phone rings it shows up on my tv screen so I don't have to pick up the phone to see who it is. It's crystal clear voice is amazing. It's nice to have just one bill a month instead of 2. Hope this helps answer your question.
Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 amerks96 said: I have had time warner phone for over a year. I love it. I like when the phone rings it shows up on my tv screen so I don't have to pick up the phone to see who it is. It's crystal clear voice is amazing. It's nice to have just one bill a month instead of 2. Hope this helps answer your question.

I just had the TWC guy here yesterday to set up the phone for my mother. So far so good! I didn't know who's calling shows up on the screen. This hasn't happened yet , the guy said it takes a day or two. I didn't realize what he was talking about, but now I do. I'm waiting for the phone call from Verizon begging to come back! I can't believe how stupid my mother and I were for paying $93 a month just for a landline phone!

Trusted Contributor

On 3/17/2015 jordan2 said: I called Verizon today and the only discount they offered was to get their triple play. I might as well go with TWC as I have 2 of the 3 already.
Verizon Fios is offering their Triple Play package starting at $79.99 mo plus a $300 Visa Card which includes unlimited calling anywhere in the US and Canada and also includes call waiting, caller I D, caller ID waiting, call forwarding and 3 way calling. The one problem with Verizon is every representative will give you different prices and plans. I don't know where you live but I know it's available on the East Coast. I would call again and see what they say. I just had mine installed installed in February.
Valued Contributor

My mother had TWC phone service and it was horrible! Half the time she either had no dial tone or it wouldn't ring. Like another person said, if the cable goes out you have no phone.

Every time I go in to pay my TWC and internet bill they try to get me to sign up for their phone service. I won't do it and politely tell them why. I still keep a land line with Windstream Phone Co. Costs me $84 a month but I'm at least assured I'll have phone service when needed.

Regular Contributor

I've had the triple play for years and have had relatively few issues. I have not found that the phone goes out when cable does. I have a separate phone modem so maybe that's why. There is also a corded phone in the basement left by the previous owner so if a storm knocks out the electric/cordless...the corded one does work.

The only issue I really have had with TWC is having to call and argue with them every year about price increases...I am always ready to dump cable...but so far, they have always "met my demands"...so far... LOL

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Karsa said:

I've had the triple play for years and have had relatively few issues. I have not found that the phone goes out when cable does. I have a separate phone modem so maybe that's why. There is also a corded phone in the basement left by the previous owner so if a storm knocks out the electric/cordless...the corded one does work.

The only issue I really have had with TWC is having to call and argue with them every year about price increases...I am always ready to dump cable...but so far, they have always "met my demands"...so far... LOL

I know what you mean about the price increases. I noticed my mother's bill went up $32 prior to adding her phone service. I called to find out why and was told that was a special 1 year package (we have been with TWC for almost 15 years). I had to threaten them before I got a new package for the same price which she said they're not suppose to do.If you don't look at your bill carefully and don't call to get a better price you get taken advantage of.When my year is up I just might switch to Verizon.