Contributor

Re: Problems watching QVC through the Roku box

On 11/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 11/17/2014 glb613 said:

Why not watch on your computer?

You know, people are funny. I would play games on my computer for hours, but hated watching TV on my computer. I had a 15" computer monitor and a 42" TV. And my desktop computer was in my bedroom with a computer chair, not a comfy couch. I hated watching TV shows I missed on my computer and would only do it with shows that I couldn't get on my TV through my OnDemand cable. Later I bought a laptop primarily for hooking up to the TV and using that to play DVDs, videos, stream stuff online, etc. It still took me forever and a move to a new place to actually hook the thing to my TV. Now my laptop has a home next to the TV and I pick it up and move it when I need to work on it, but it took me a while to make the transition, even when that was exactly why I bought it.

I am the same way, I only watch TV on my computer if I can't get the show through the Roku box. I have always known you can hook up the computer to the television I have just never gotten around to doing it. I might have to get on that. LOL

Contributor

Well so far there has been no response from QVC about the issues with their channel on Roku.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 Rae-Rae said:
On 11/17/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 11/17/2014 glb613 said:

Why not watch on your computer?

You know, people are funny. I would play games on my computer for hours, but hated watching TV on my computer. I had a 15" computer monitor and a 42" TV. And my desktop computer was in my bedroom with a computer chair, not a comfy couch. I hated watching TV shows I missed on my computer and would only do it with shows that I couldn't get on my TV through my OnDemand cable. Later I bought a laptop primarily for hooking up to the TV and using that to play DVDs, videos, stream stuff online, etc. It still took me forever and a move to a new place to actually hook the thing to my TV. Now my laptop has a home next to the TV and I pick it up and move it when I need to work on it, but it took me a while to make the transition, even when that was exactly why I bought it.

I am the same way, I only watch TV on my computer if I can't get the show through the Roku box. I have always known you can hook up the computer to the television I have just never gotten around to doing it. I might have to get on that. LOL

If your computer has an HDMI socket (look on the left, right, back sides of the computer for this) and your TV is also HDMI with an open socket, all you need is an HDMI cable. These cables are very cheap now. Plug one end into your computer, the other end into your TV, and with seconds you are watching TV through your computer.
Contributor

Thanks Lynnj

That would work for my television in my bedroom but the one in the living room well...... it still has a big butt on the back lol. As long as it works I refuse to get rid of it. All its red white and yellow outlets are used up by the roku and yup my VHS/DVD player. LOL

Respected Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Lynnj said:

If your computer has an HDMI socket (look on the left, right, back sides of the computer for this) and your TV is also HDMI with an open socket, all you need is an HDMI cable. These cables are very cheap now. Plug one end into your computer, the other end into your TV, and with seconds you are watching TV through your computer.

You also need to change the input on the TV remote to the HDMI cable you're using. My TV has 4 and I decided to name them so it would be easier to select the correct one.

Valued Contributor

Don't bother....it's a Roku issue. The tech savy guy I bought my Roku from told me for whatever reason, QVC has issues running through Roku. I don't consider that a loss myself!

Hi Squeezebox,

What model Roku are you using? I have 2 Roku HDs and a Roku 1, and no problem watching the QVC channel on any of them. Something you could try is to remove the QVC channel from the Roku, then unplug the power, wait 15 seconds, plug it back in, then add the channel back from the Channel Store. Try that and let me know if that helps.

Wildfire

Respected Contributor

On 11/26/2014 Rae-Rae said:

Thanks Lynnj

That would work for my television in my bedroom but the one in the living room well...... it still has a big butt on the back lol. As long as it works I refuse to get rid of it. All its red white and yellow outlets are used up by the roku and yup my VHS/DVD player. LOL

I think the problem is then with an old tv you can't use the fastest roku -roku3.

Respected Contributor

On 11/26/2014 glb613 said:
On 11/25/2014 Lynnj said:

You also need to change the input on the TV remote to the HDMI cable you're using. My TV has 4 and I decided to name them so it would be easier to select the correct one.

You can do this with your mini ipad too. from amazon look at the Lightning Digital AV Adapter from apple (its about 43.00 and after I bought it was on a lightning deal) the little end goes in the mini ipad then it has a connection for the hdmi and the charging cable. And apple has one for the ipad too. and amazon has their own amazon model which is cheaper AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt) to HDMI Adapter but the amazon one doesn't have the extra slot to charge it at the same time and to me the mini usb end doesn't look exactly the same as my mini ipad . I like watching through the mini now better than the laptop with hdmi.

Not applicable

Yes, I have also been experiencing problems with the QVC channel on the Roku 3 box.

1) I will be watching and an error message comes up with an network error telling me to check my network connection which is bogus because I can go over to the HSN, ShopHQ or any other channel app and watch without any issues. Or..

2) I will be watching and the picture freezes and the device will reboot. Or..

3) Be watching and all of sudden the video feed will switch from what is currently airing to a video feed what aired MANY hours before. Really QVC????

QVC needs to fix this app and get their act together. This is rocket science here we're dealing with!!