Respected Contributor
On 4/11/2014 mima said:

The 8.9" Kindle DOES take pics both front and rear, the smaller 7" HDX only takes selfies, not regular pics.

You've got that backwards mima. The Fire HD (any size screen) only has a front facing camera. The Fire HDX has both front and rear facing camera.

Respected Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 4/11/2014 mima said:

The 8.9" Kindle DOES take pics both front and rear, the smaller 7" HDX only takes selfies, not regular pics.

You've got that backwards mima. The Fire HD (any size screen) only has a front facing camera. The Fire HDX has both front and rear facing camera.

I mis-typed. I edited my post above so that it reads what I meant to say. I'm pretty sure the smaller HDX doesn't take pics both ways but the bigger HDX does.

Valued Contributor
On 4/11/2014 mima said:
On 4/11/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 4/11/2014 mima said:

I mis-typed. I edited my post above so that it reads what I meant to say. I'm pretty sure the smaller HDX doesn't take pics both ways but the bigger HDX does.

I have the Kindle Fire HDX 7" and it does NOT take pictures as it does not have a rear facing camera. It only has a front facing camera for Skyping (sp.?). The Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 does have a rear facing camera. I have no idea why the larger one has the rear facing camera and the smaller 7" does not. Since I take my Kindle wherever I go, I would have liked to have a camera to take photos. Still in all, I love my Kindle. docsgirl